Seafoam The Truck Today

96vteccd5

What is going on people. So today I woke up this morning and decided to seafoam the truck. 88K right now so I figure what the hell, go for it. I suck it through the brake booster line only half a red cup :o)

Sucked it through and the truck idled funny then eventually stalled it out. Let it sit for about 30 mins and he started right up. Then comes the nice big cloud of smoke. It smoked for about 8 mins then I shut it for a little while longer. Went for a drive and decided to hit it on the highway. Lets just say people slowed down for a bit but eventually cleaned everything out. Now fowled plugs or anything. FYI....I run 93 octane (wheatley tune) and amsoil motor oil. Motor felt stronger and glad I finally got around to it. The other half went into the fuel tank. I will buy another bottle when it comes closer to change the oil and pour some in the crankcase next time and the other half through the brake line again.

Ya im uneasy bout all of it yellow_loser.gif

...a write up would be good

I seafoam mine about every 10k miles. Haven't had a problem yet. It's super simple. You just need to remember to pour it in slowly. If you pour too much you will stall out. Just take your time and let your truck slip it in.

i just got a cup of it and let the vacuum sip it up until it was gone, didnt take long. didnt put any in the crank case though, ill do that right before an oil change

Whats the best way to get it in the crank case?

Can you either post a how to or can you pm me so I can do this.. Thanks

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I am at work and unable to look under my hood. I beleive on the driver side, towards the firewall, attached to the valve cover, is a rubber hose about a half inch in diameter. Pull ths hose off while the truck is running. If you put your finger over it you should feel a good amount of suction. Don't leave your finger over it too long or else your truck will die. Basicly you just need to pour about 1/3rd can of sea foam into that vacum line. Go very slow and let the suction do it for you. If you add too much at one time your truck will spit and sputter and die. Its not the end of the world if it does but I can be a little hard to start up after words. This should take you about 5 to ten min. Once this is complete, re-attach the rubber vacum line to the valve cover and shut off your engine. Let your truck sit for about 20 min. After that you can start your truck and make smoke signals!!! Your truck will smoke and that is a good thing. That is all the carbon and crap tat was in your intake and valves. Rev your engine up and down until the smoke is gone. Thats about it. I pour 1/3rd in the gas tank and 1/3rd into the oil the day before I pour it into the vacum line. I always change my oil right before the smoke fest. *Note I do it before so that I avoid hot engine while changing oil. Hope this helps!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong as I am at work and unable to look under my hood. I beleive on the driver side, towards the firewall, attached to the valve cover, is a rubber hose about a half inch in diameter. Pull ths hose off while the truck is running. If you put your finger over it you should feel a good amount of suction. Don't leave your finger over it too long or else your truck will die. Basicly you just need to pour about 1/3rd can of sea foam into that vacum line. Go very slow and let the suction do it for you. If you add too much at one time your truck will spit and sputter and die. Its not the end of the world if it does but I can be a little hard to start up after words. This should take you about 5 to ten min. Once this is complete, re-attach the rubber vacum line to the valve cover and shut off your engine. Let your truck sit for about 20 min. After that you can start your truck and make smoke signals!!! Your truck will smoke and that is a good thing. That is all the carbon and crap tat was in your intake and valves. Rev your engine up and down until the smoke is gone. Thats about it. I pour 1/3rd in the gas tank and 1/3rd into the oil the day before I pour it into the vacum line. I always change my oil right before the smoke fest. *Note I do it before so that I avoid hot engine while changing oil. Hope this helps!

There you go brotha. Sorry I wasn't able to write anything up but I will take a pic tomorrow showing you which hose you need to use. If you want a vid, here is one way to do it...