Subwoofer Location

I have the bose 6 disc in my 06 silverado crewcab. Since I've bought the truck about 6 months ago I was disappointed in the amount of bass it puts out. Where is the subwoofer located in the truck, I thought it was supposed to be under the center console but I pulled out the inside of the storage cubby area and I didnt see anything that looked like a sub to me.

It's definitely in the center console, but it's enclosed in plastic so you can't see it unless you take the entire thing apart and yes they don't produce much bass. I just added a Kicker sub under my back seat to the stock head unit which worked perfect.

you got finished pics of it in the truck shawn

no finished pics in the truck. its all there just not color matched to the truck. after completing the sub enclosure i smoked the motor in the truck so. the rest of the season i was focused on getting it running again. got it running for about a month or so then i lost the trans got pissed and put it in storage. then i went and bought a street bike.

heres the only pix i have. i just found it. this was right after i got it all blocked out. i slapped it in the truck to make sure it fit and to also make sure the fiberglass wouldn't crack from bass before i spent $$$ on it getting painted. then i lost the motor. sorry this pix looks like crap but its all i have after the 80 swap my plan is to finish all the little things i didn't get to fix this last summer.

IMG_5774.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have the Bose system in my crew cab as well. I stripped down the center, every little piece to it, and didnt find spit. Ive read about a lot of people looking for it and not finding it is the only reason I tried. I have 2 Solo Baric 8" subs under the rear seat, and 2 Alpine Type E 10" subs behind it, so I could care less about the stock sub. hahaha.