Noob From La Question...

zpaucoin

Hey guys, I love this site. Anyway, I've been browsing for a while and decided to become a member. I replicated the SS front on my current Silverado but am looking for an 06-07 SS to buy within the next 6 months to a year. My question: When you open the hood, the plastic covering on top the intake manifold says vortec 6000. I noticed on a 2007 SS, the cover said Vortec Max, but the specs listed the hp rating at 345, same as the other years, but isn't the Vmax rated at 367? Were these specs misprinted? Not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks

Zach

Hey guys, I love this site. Anyway, I've been browsing for a while and decided to become a member. I replicated the SS front on my current Silverado but am looking for an 06-07 SS to buy within the next 6 months to a year. My question: When you open the hood, the plastic covering on top the intake manifold says vortec 6000. I noticed on a 2007 SS, the cover said Vortec Max, but the specs listed the hp rating at 345, same as the other years, but isn't the Vmax rated at 367? Were these specs misprinted? Not a big deal, just curious.

Thanks

Zach

If its the new bodystyle the V-Max is rated at 367hp stock at crank. The V-Max's and SS's 03-06 were rated the same 345hp stock at crank. 03-05 the engine covers read Vortec 6000 For 06 models into 07 it read Vortex MAX, same shiz, different smell lol. Welcome sir :laugh::seeya:

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, finally sold my 2001 Silvy and am now the proud owner of a 2008 Sierra SLT Vortec Max. I'm picking her up this weekend. I will post pics after I detail her! :thumbsup:

Bought her from my dad who just ordered a 2011 with the 6.2. She's got 50,000 miles and a 3" body lift on 34" BFG tires. I am buying new tires and taking off the lift ASAP. Gonna get a custom tune...

Two questions: When I get the custom tune, can that file be saved on the predator and swapped in and out as i please (for warranty purposes)?

And does anyone know if the frame to body bolts from a 2005 are the same on my '08? I need to take off the lift but dont have the stock parts. My dads friend lifted his 05 sierra and gave me his stock bolts.

Sorry for the oddball questions. Any help is appreciated!

Glad to be a real member of this site finally and not just looking around anymore!:pepsicheer: