New Meguires NXT Tech Wax

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That new NXT is totally awsome, I have tried about everything and this is the best stuff I have ever used. Mine is black too and if it can make black paint look flawless in the direct sunlight without any light oily streaks...real good stuff.

I wouldn't use it if your a Zaino user b/c Zaino is an acrylic based product (at least I think it is, I use DER SHINEY STUFF) and the NXT is carnuba/silicone based. The best thing u can do if find an acrylic based spray detailer.

Agan, Im not sure if Zaino is acrylic based, but I think it is.

Just tried it. Its ok, nothing to get excited about. It didn't feel as smooth and slippery as it does with Zaino. It wipes off identicle to Zaino. It takes a long time to dry like Zaino. But its just not. I'm going to try the spray over it tomorrow and see what gives. I'll report back.

Bought the entire mcguire's line last weekend, including NXT. I have not used Zaino, so I cannot compare either, but the NXT is a high quality product. I put it on too thick, and it took 30 mins to work the dried excess off the hood, I did better on the top of the cab though. I am not happy to hear it is a silicone based product - I thought I was buying an acrylic sealer, my bad. But it's already on there, so...

I refinished my black SS in the garage under a 500W light, and saw that the product did leave a kind of 'light oily residue' behind, you could not tell outside. I applied, let dry, then removed with a terry cloth, followed with another clean terry cloth, and finally worked the surface last with a microfiber towel and that mopped-up almost all the remaining residue. What remained did disappear (???) over the next 24hrs.

The hood was SHINY, but not deep. I am talking shiny as in - in direct sunlight, you could not tell from the reflection the truck was black, it appeared silvery from the intense sunlight. That night was 4th of July, and I took the kids over to my parents house to light mortars (gotta love TX on the 4th). You could see the fireworks in the hood like the reflection off a reflecting pond, it was that clear. Mind you I really refinished the paint underneath before applying the wax(clay, buffing, polishing, the works).

But the biggest compliment I got was the next day: The SS scored it's first *official* jaw-dropping grand entrance, at the body shop, no doubt due to still wearing its polished mirror finish from the days before. The body shop owner, Allstate adjuster, a customer, and the shop foreman literally stopped talking mid-conversation the moment the truck turned off the road and eased into the parking lot, and gawked the entire 15 seconds it took to park, no exaggeration... And there I am stumbling out wearing old jeans and a "I saw your mom on the internet" t-shirt. I have not had to deal with stares like that since driving my Firebird, but being a ham is like riding a bicycle… I took it as a very gracious compliment to catch that kind of attention from a professional auto painter.

My next step is to start putting coats of carnuba over the NXT finish, that is supposed to give the finish its depth. But the initial prep combined with acrylic sealer is what gives the base shine. Or so I have read, this is the first time I have done this, so I am kind of like Al Bundy and learning as I go...

Again I do not know how NXT compares to other premium finish products; Maybe during one of these meets I will shine it up for everyone and we can get some opinions. I wonder how long it will last, being that it is not a sealer like I supposed that it was... but I figure that if I keep many coats of carnuba over it, it will still stay healthy.

Mr. P. :)

Bought the entire mcguire's line last weekend, including NXT. I have not used Zaino, so I cannot compare either, but the NXT is a high quality product. I put it on too thick, and it took 30 mins to work the dried excess off the hood, I did better on the top of the cab though. I am not happy to hear it is a silicone based product - I thought I was buying an acrylic sealer, my bad. But it's already on there, so...

I refinished my black SS in the garage under a 500W light, and saw that the product did leave a kind of 'light oily residue' behind, you could not tell outside. I applied, let dry, then removed with a terry cloth, followed with another clean terry cloth, and finally worked the surface last with a microfiber towel and that mopped-up almost all the remaining residue. What remained did disappear (???) over the next 24hrs.

The hood was SHINY, but not deep. I am talking shiny as in - in direct sunlight, you could not tell from the reflection the truck was black, it appeared silvery from the intense sunlight. That night was 4th of July, and I took the kids over to my parents house to light mortars (gotta love TX on the 4th). You could see the fireworks in the hood like the reflection off a reflecting pond, it was that clear. Mind you I really refinished the paint underneath before applying the wax(clay, buffing, polishing, the works).

But the biggest compliment I got was the next day: The SS scored it's first *official* jaw-dropping grand entrance, at the body shop, no doubt due to still wearing its polished mirror finish from the days before. The body shop owner, Allstate adjuster, a customer, and the shop foreman literally stopped talking mid-conversation the moment the truck turned off the road and eased into the parking lot, and gawked the entire 15 seconds it took to park, no exaggeration... And there I am stumbling out wearing old jeans and a "I saw your mom on the internet" t-shirt. I have not had to deal with stares like that since driving my Firebird, but being a ham is like riding a bicycle… I took it as a very gracious compliment to catch that kind of attention from a professional auto painter.

My next step is to start putting coats of carnuba over the NXT finish, that is supposed to give the finish its depth. But the initial prep combined with acrylic sealer is what gives the base shine. Or so I have read, this is the first time I have done this, so I am kind of like Al Bundy and learning as I go...

Again I do not know how NXT compares to other premium finish products; Maybe during one of these meets I will shine it up for everyone and we can get some opinions. I wonder how long it will last, being that it is not a sealer like I supposed that it was... but I figure that if I keep many coats of carnuba over it, it will still stay healthy.

Mr. P. :)

When I finished with the NXT you could see marks in certian light also. Zaino does the same thing. I go over it with a wet towel followed by a dry towel. It removes every rub mark and really brings out the shine.

Archived