Anyone Else Get In An Accident With A Dumb Driver?

mschickvt

About 3 weeks ago, I was waiting to pull out of a 7-11 and this Saudi Arabian dude just backs right into me and jacked up the back right side panel. He "didn't even see me" in his broken english, gettin body work done next week.

A week before that I was parked on the street with the passenger side on the sidewalk, someone decided to just knock off my mirror. Scratched up my door below where the mirror is too.

TALK ABOUT BAD LUCK, all gettin fixed next week, back to normal soon!!!!

well im in college, and it was near a bunch of apartments on a street where people walk and stuff, so either they used an object (no evidence on the mirror) to knock it off, or they rammed their shoulder into it with a running start? no idea, all i know is that people do dumb stuff. after market mirrors too, and was not tryin to do all this work ALREADY, i just got the truck 6 months ago. not to mention all the money ive already put into it!

in my old yukon with the nice steel bumper i got rear ended by a new yorker on the phone. LOL what are the chances??? uhoh.gif

he had a toyota carolla and it had to be towed it was completely un-drivable. my truck just had a scuff in the plastic piece below the license plate

Yeah I have had weird shit happen to me. First off I was passing a Avalanche on the middle lane of a 3 land Interstate (I was speeding, but not too bad). Anyhow the Avalanche started changing lanes on me when I was next to him and I moved over into the other lane some to avoid him. Anyhow he kept on coming and smashed his mirror into my bedside. State Trooper was behind us a ways back and charged us both with wreckless driving. He said we were trying to run each other off the road. I called BS on him, but he didn't listen. A $1000 later the ticket was paid and my truck was fixed.

Next one was on my Birthday. I was out eating with a bunch of friends and came back to my truck and my passenger signal was popped out and the grill had a tiny crack in it. There were no scuff marks whatsoever so I just popped the signal back in. The crack was under the headlight on the inside of the grill so it was no big deal. Next night I'm driving the truck and noticed my passenger beam was bouncing on the road. Went and checked it out and noticed the top headlight adjustment screw broke off the headlight. My only guess is that someone elbowed my truck?

Final one was 2 months ago. I was headed out of my apartment to go back to work from lunch. I look across the parking lot where my truck is backed into a space up to a sidewalk. There is a freaking Ford Taurus halfway on the sidewalk perpendicular to my truck. I started noticing that my truck wasn't in the parking spot straight anymore so I look to see whats going on. Turns out the lady couldn't figure out what gear it was in gassed it and went onto the side walk and hit the rear tire of my truck. There was some slight body damage to my truck, but it isn't very noticeable.

My conclusion: It seems like if you drive something nice it becomes a magnet for disaster. If you drive a pos everyone stays clear of you.

My conclusion: It seems like if you drive something nice it becomes a magnet for disaster. If you drive a pos everyone stays clear of you.

True True

Here is what has happened to me

1.I had someone go through a stop sign and i plowed right into him at 35 ( my truck was not drivable but obviously fixable. His Honda Accord was Totaled)

2.One of my tenants at the duplex i own backed into me and scratched up my rear fender

3.I had a guy back into me, and mess up my rear bumper (I know who did it but the cops did nothing about it, and i had to pay for it myself :banghead: )

4.My Truck was broken into and stereo was stolen, and there was damage to my door (not and accident but still about stupid people)

5.and Last but not least i had a lady rear end me last last week because she could not stop on the ice

I also hit a deer a week after i got my truck back from the first accident, but technically that was my fault

My one and only accident was when I rear ended some old lady. It was ruled we were both at fault yet this lady swerved off the road, through someones front yard, came back into the road where I swerved into the oncoming lane and still managed to hit her because she went over there too. She said a deer jumped out, I didn't see one deer in the area and what made it not entirely my fault was the fact she told the cop she had been at the doctors for three hours because her allergies were so bad she was having trouble breathing and her eyes kept watering. So with that long run-on sentence that the dumb ass driver I got hit by,

I've never ever had anyone hit me in the SS nor have I even ran into anything luckily so far. My old first truck (96 GMC) did get hit by a bus driving though a parking lot they cut the corner close right where my truck was parked and there back end hit the grill and knocked out the turn signal and grill. Called the bus company showed them the tracks in the snow and they paid for it. So that's my only stupid driver story and luckily nothing has happened to my SS.

2 days after I bought my SS a girl rearended me. What Pi$$ed me off was her friend in the passenger seat told her not to give me her insurance info so I called the police. She ended up with a ticket and they paid for my damages. 2 mothes after that a little Mexican dude merged into my lane and hit me. I swerved, slamed on the brakes and hit the horn and he sttill clipped the front bumper. Then this prick gassed it and tried to run but he was in a Geo Przim and I caught him fairly quickly and cut him off. I jumped out of the truck and asked him if he had insurance ( I swear if he did not I was going to f-him up ) he did and they payed for it. 1 week after getting it fixed a mini van clipped the same bumper while me and my girlfriend were out having dinner. Payed out of my pocket to get that fixed. Just two weeks ago again someone has clipped the same side front bumper again and scratched up my drivers side door. :banghead:

2 days after I bought my SS a girl rearended me. What Pi$$ed me off was her friend in the passenger seat told her not to give me her insurance info so I called the police. She ended up with a ticket and they paid for my damages. 2 mothes after that a little Mexican dude merged into my lane and hit me. I swerved, slamed on the brakes and hit the horn and he sttill clipped the front bumper. Then this prick gassed it and tried to run but he was in a Geo Przim and I caught him fairly quickly and cut him off. I jumped out of the truck and asked him if he had insurance ( I swear if he did not I was going to f-him up ) he did and they payed for it. 1 week after getting it fixed a mini van clipped the same bumper while me and my girlfriend were out having dinner. Payed out of my pocket to get that fixed. Just two weeks ago again someone has clipped the same side front bumper again and scratched up my drivers side door. :banghead:

dude you need to sell that SS and start over, that is just bad luck man. It isn't going to stop

• 4 weeks later...

I was parked on Ventura Blvd. in S. Oaks (for any locals) at a meter. I was having lunch and sitting on the balcony of place eating right in front on my truck literally. Theres an open spot behind my old SS. A dude comes along, chooses that spot, begins backing up to paralel park and clips my left rear bumper. He stops, looks over passenger seat and says shit! Then looks me right in the eyes and takes off! WTF! I jumped the table, jumped in SS, chased after him. He had parked down street at another meter and nowhere to be seen. I take pics, I check his meter, he put 2 hours of time. So I call my best friend who is a L.A. County Sheriff, he happens to be off duty that day and comes over. Finally the culprit comes back to find me and a cop waiting for him. Shoud of seen his face. hahaha My cop buddy asks why did u just drive away from the scene when not only the owner witnessed you hit his own vehicle but others saw too? He lied of course some b.s. We exchanged insurance info. and he ended up paying me $500 cash for damages. After all this the culprit ended being an insurance broker who sells auto insurance and should know hit and run laws and have more courtesy than anyone, the irony and stupidity of some people.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

I was parked on Ventura Blvd. in S. Oaks (for any locals) at a meter. I was having lunch and sitting on the balcony of place eating right in front on my truck literally. Theres an open spot behind my old SS. A dude comes along, chooses that spot, begins backing up to paralel park and clips my left rear bumper. He stops, looks over passenger seat and says shit! Then looks my right in the eyes and takes off! WTF! I jumped the table, jumped in SS, chased after him. He had parked down street at another meter and nowhere to be seen. I take pics, I check his meter, he put 2 hours of time. So I call my best friend who is a L.A. County Sheriff, he happens to be off duty that day and comes over. Finally the culprit comes back to find me and a cop waiting for him. Shoud of seen his face. hahaha My cop buddy asks why did u just drive away from the scene when not only the owner witnessed you hit his own vehicle but others saw too? He lied of course some b.s. We exchanged insurance info. and he ended up paying me $500 cash for damages. After all this the culprit ended being an insurance broker who sells auto insurance and should hit and run laws and have more courtesy than anyone, the irony and stupidity of some people.

WOW!! Glad u got him in the end.

Was his name "DICK"?

dang when it rains it pours it seems. I had a 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 year old lady run a stop sign and never looked either way thank goodness I have good brakes or the ss would been trashed