Hid Install Failed To Light

Ordered a set of 55watts and 8k bulbs from DDMtuning a couple of days ago. I installed them today and nothing. Double checked everything and both lights fail to come on. Went back to originals and no problems. I tried searching the forum for HID but could find nothing about trouble shooting. I wired in the ballast and pluged in all connections and still not even a flicker of light from either side.

I do have daytime running lights and auto on headlights. I switched to manual on and still they failed to light. This is on a 04 silverado.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

flip the plug around going into the ballast, and if that doesnt work flip the one going into the bulb

:withstupid: Should work, If not you have two bad ballast's.

My 55w ddm's for healights and foglights will be here on monday :cheers:

flip the plug around going into the ballast, and if that doesnt work flip the one going into the bulb

WOW that worked but I also took out the daytime running light fuse. Dont know which worked but I got lights now. Thanks a bunch. I just love this site u guy are great.

WOW that worked but I also took out the daytime running light fuse. Dont know which worked but I got lights now. Thanks a bunch. I just love this site u guy are great.

no problem man, i had the same thing happen to me cheers.gif

how do you like the 55w's? Also are you running a relay with them?

how do you like the 55w's? Also are you running a relay with them?

No, just what came in the mail with the kit. They are super bright. They have just a slight touch of blue but just unreal bright. The problem is the automatic on feature. Even though you can flip the switch to the left to kill you drl and the auto feature it still tries to fire the ballast which is hard on it and will shorten the life so I just turn on the brights and turn the switch to kill the drl feature and the auto then if I need lights I turn them on manually and go to the low beams.

I didnt do high and lows. Only lows, they are so bright I dont think you need anything else. I have silver star ultras in the high beams and so far no problems. The only problem is mounting the ballast. I found a slot in the metal that goes from side to side which your radiator is bolted to just behind the headlights and stuff them in there with rtv and tie raps.

I just have to remember to put the high beams on to start the truck each time.