105 To 145 Alternator

where are you guys getting your alts. and what are you paying?

If I told you i'd have to :M16: you.

I actually got mine from a salvage yard off of a 07 silvy.

Got it for $50 with only 12,000 mi on it.

Bad thing that I didn't notice before I bought it was that it was a 2 pin plug and not the 4 pin.

I talked to a guy who builds alts about converting it to a 4 pin and he didn't know if you could.

Well I found a 4 pin regulator for $13, cut off about 1/4" of one of the mounting holes, spaced one of the sides up, trimmed the rear plastic cover, and gave it a shot.

It works like a charm.

Barely any voltage drop with my music turned up, and the e-fans kicking on with the headlights on too.

I should have taken pics but I only had an hour to get it done. If I get a chance i'll try to gather some pics of it

• 2 weeks later...

Just plug and play. Make sure you get an alternator from your year (2004) Tahoe as they have the 145AMP alternator already VS your 105AMP. Good luck!

I'm confused, I have this option code in my glovebox:

KG3 GENERATOR 145 AMP 145 AMP(KG3)

Was a 145amp Alt an option and 105 standard?

All 05+ 1500 trucks came with the 145amp alt stock due to the efans...

Thank you, so instead of asking for an 04 Tahoe 145A alt. could someone just ask for an "alternator for an 05 SSS or V-Max" ? Not trying to cause an arguement, just wondering... Are the 04 Tahoe 145amps the same as a 05-06 145amps?

Thank you, so instead of asking for an 04 Tahoe 145A alt. could someone just ask for an "alternator for an 05 SSS or V-Max" ? Not trying to cause an arguement, just wondering... Are the 04 Tahoe 145amps the same as a 05-06 145amps?

NO, the accessory plug is different. One has a 2x2 plug and the other has a 1x4 plug. Others have swapped one plug fot the other, but thats more work than necessary, unless you can get it for a very low price.