Pics From My Recent Vacation...

2006SilverSS

Since I recently went on Vacation thought I would post up a couple of the pics I took while I was there. This was my first time out of the country and WOW is it different. I went to the Philippines and it's whole other world.

Now for the pics:

Philippines_Nov_2010_0002.jpg

It may not be what you think, lol

Philippines_Nov_2010_0017.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0007.jpg

Transportation while I was there.

Philippines_Nov_2010_0032.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0044.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0051.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0149.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0150.jpg

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

Yeah my chick is Filipina and everyday she tells me how its so different here. Where did you go? Manilla? Nice pics.

I was in Manila for only a short time. Most of my time was spent in San Fernando City and San Juan. It's almost hard to put into words how different it really is. Being from the U.S., it opens your eye's to the small things we overlook every day. Flushing toilets, plumbing (showers and even running water in places). Also, I would NEVER take my truck there. There were a whole 2 traffic lights in the whole area that I was in, and they weren't always working.

Oh yeah, I complain about being underpaid, yet the average person there makes about $4 - $5 (~ 150 - 200 pesos) a day :blink:

If you'd like I can post up a few more pics too, just didn't want to over-do it :P

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

it opens your eye's to the small things we overlook every day. Flushing toilets, plumbing (showers and even running water in places).

Oh yeah, I complain about being underpaid, yet the average person there makes about $4 - $5 (~ 150 - 200 pesos) a day :blink:

I've traveled the world a few times now ... And I love when I hear people bitch about things here at home in the USA. Until you've been to an inpoverished country, you truly have know idea how good you got it.

How was the food? I like the pic of the Market ... I would eat myself silly there ... :thumbs:

Philippines_Nov_2010_0002.jpg

It may not be what you think, lol

Thats what they call the bathroom right? :laugh:

Yeah, it's the bathroom, lol. If my buddy that I went with hadn't given me a heads up on what that was... I would have totally thought something else.

I've traveled the world a few times now ... And I love when I hear people bitch about things here at home in the USA. Until you've been to an inpoverished country, you truly have know idea how good you got it.

How was the food? I like the pic of the Market ... I would eat myself silly there ... :thumbs:

It's so true, there are things that I would complain about before and now I just think about while I was there. We really are spoiled.

The food was good, and FRESH. Since most people don't have freezers or anything; you pick up, or even kill what you'll be eating that day. There were some things I tried which I couldn't do, pig intestine being one of them. I don't care how it's cooked, I'm not eating that again! Pretty much no part of an animal goes to waste. It was crazy to think that we got a WHOLE tuna for like $4 and you pay $10+ here for a couple pieces (which aren't nearly as fresh). It's a good possibility that I'll go back next year and do it all again :).

Here are a few more pics

Philippines_Nov_2010_0009.jpg

Trikes and Jeepney's are the main mode of transportation.

Philippines_Nov_2010_0010.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0011.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0012.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0013.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0031.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0033.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0035.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0039.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0040.jpg

Lots and lots of rice fields

Philippines_Nov_2010_0042.jpg

Seeing kids walking to/from school in the street was normal

Philippines_Nov_2010_0091.jpg

This was at the big mall (SM) in Baguio. The mall is pretty nice, and offers view points which was pretty cool.

Philippines_Nov_2010_0092.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0094.jpg

The rain in Baguio was insane, it rained like this for a good 30 - 45 minutes.

Philippines_Nov_2010_0105.jpg

Thunderbird resort, it's built on the old U.S. Naval base... I'll never be staying there since it's almost $400 a night!!

Philippines_Nov_2010_0106.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0114.jpg

Philippines_Nov_2010_0167.jpg

The view from the room we stayed in the last night when we were in Manila.

Ok, that's it for now.