Daytime Running Lights

For you guys running Silverstars, I have 'em all around the truck, including clear in the DRLs, which incidentally are modded to the all 6 on feature- I tend to manually turn off the DRLs during the day, but have had lots of problems with the DRL Silverstars burning out- WAY premature. Like, within a week or two. Anyone else? So far, the tails and turns have held up well, but the DRLs hate me.

I've got silverstars front and rear signals. Also for reverse and both large and small rear signals.

The front signals are amber version and have been in for a LONG time. Whats funny is I put silverstar ultras? (the pricier ones) in as low beams and they didn't last a year.

As for DRLs I have ran an amber bulb that now has lost most of it's amber coating?

The wiring harness shows some burnt area and I'm ready to switch to amber LED after reading this thread.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats up with all crimps and extra wires Will? Ive been wanting to put LEDs in all my lights inside and out but all the 3157 bulbs that i found say DO NOT USE IN GM DRL's

I think thats the answer to your question. He just wired them to his turn signals. Now I think his drls and turn signals blink when he turns is signals on. Pretty cool actually.

I think thats the answer to your question. He just wired them to his turn signals. Now I think his drls and turn signals blink when he turns is signals on. Pretty cool actually.

Ya that is really cool. Good idea I wanna do that to mine now to

• 2 weeks later...

They stoped makin the Silverstar Amber Bulbs :nonod:

I dont know what im going to do when they go out, they make a white signal bulb but that not going to help me any

DAMMIT!!! no fawking wonder i couldnt find them at autozone anymore, one of my DRL's burnt out and i couldnt find the ambers at any autozone...

Edit my first post there 4114 bulbs.

I just went on ebay and found them. I would guess that there built in. I also bought Reverse leds that have something like 28 or so bulbs they are wicked bright and i love them

here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4114-Hyper-Amber-LED-Daytime-Running-Bulb-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0bf4f118QQitemZ180589228312QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1219wt_941

those look ok in that pic but are they run as bright as these do???

DRLs.jpg

here's a pic of me, saytagf and spoolin, those amber run really bright but apperently arent being made anymore... will those ebay one u posted run as bright as these???

threeamigos.jpg

anyone else know wat we can do for amber in our DRL's???

-Rob

One of my silverstars blew a couple days ago.

So I order these for my DRL's and turn signals. I'll let you know how they work out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400189404711&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4566wt_1165

One of my silverstars blew a couple days ago.

So I order these for my DRL's and turn signals. I'll let you know how they work out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400189404711&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4566wt_1165

i'v seen other people running lights like those before, they looked just like the stockers... same color, but eitherway post up when u get them installed hopefully theyre closer to the amber of the silverstars...

-Rob

i'v seen other people running lights like those before, they looked just like the stockers... same color, but eitherway post up when u get them installed hopefully theyre closer to the amber of the silverstars...

-Rob

I will when I get them installed. However, if I like them I will have 3 silverstar amber bulbs. If anyone is interested....