E-Fan Help

SuperStock

Well i picked up the e-fans today $240, Where is a good place to get a factory harness. The fans came off an 05 1500.

It will be cheaper and easier to just get a Blackbear or HPM harness... If you want OEM, then either a salvage yard, or the dealer

Correct me if I am wrong but the factory harness will be better than blackbear or hpm harness.

The GM factory fan control harness has never been tested with a 60-amp load at 11.8 volts with less than 4% voltage drop; mine has, it's better. The GM design also technically has a flaw in its fusing design (it's possible to burn out the PCM under a very, very rare circumstance of dead short) - this is corrected in my design albeit in the real world it's a very minute concern. My control assembly is fully crimped and soldered, the GM one isn't, neither are most of the other available products because it's too labor intensive to do and cannot be automated.

I have three friends now who have come to me in the last few years with trucks which have burned due to electrical issues - the last thing I want is to have to receive a call from someone saying my fan kit caught their truck on fire, everything has been engineered in my kit with safety as the primary concern, performance secondary.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)