Is It Possible To...

Raven698

do a complete SS front bumper swap for 250 or less. I am currently trying to spruce up my 05 RCSB and have decided that the front bumper is ugly and the SS bumper looks great. I have 250 dollars that is eating a hole in my pocket and I want to do this swap. What all is needed to complete the swap. Is it just a cover that goes over existing parts that would already be on my truck? Or will I have to swap more then that?

thanks for the help

Mike

do a complete SS front bumper swap for 250 or less. I am currently trying to spruce up my 05 RCSB and have decided that the front bumper is ugly and the SS bumper looks great. I have 250 dollars that is eating a hole in my pocket and I want to do this swap. What all is needed to complete the swap. Is it just a cover that goes over existing parts that would already be on my truck? Or will I have to swap more then that?

thanks for the help

Mike

if u go oem (which looks better imo) im pretty sure there is a little moe than just the cover, u could get the cover from street scenes whic is NOT identical but close ,that one just basically goes over existing but i dont think u will get very far on 250 though when i got my cover i think i spent somewhere around 400 then u have paint

Well, I like my front bumper :jester:

Maybe the stock bumper looks ok if it is painted ( I dont know because i havent seen any like that..im a noob here) maybe I should look into doing that. Anyone have any pictures of the stock bumper painted to match (not to get to off topic here.)

Maybe the stock bumper looks ok if it is painted ( I dont know because i havent seen any like that..im a noob here) maybe I should look into doing that. Anyone have any pictures of the stock bumper painted to match (not to get to off topic here.)

Heres mine, I only painted my lower valence flat black.

post-9089-067214900 1292024012_thumb.jpg

post-9089-012101700 1292024226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Heres mine, I only painted my lower valence flat black.

Wow..on your truck that actually sets it off. I guess having a black truck, the greyish black plastic parts of the bumper just look a little off..ya know? Maybe I will pick up some factory black paint from sherwin williams in a spray can and give it a try.

Should i go at it with sandpaper and a sanding block first to knock down the rough plastic or just prime and paint.

Oh and how easy is it to pull bothe the upper and lower plastic parts off?

Thanks

Mike

Im not sure where you live but I just went to "OSH" Orchard Supply Hardware. I bought a special paint specifically to adhere to plastic. I bought the valence off E-Bay motors new since my previous was damaged. I don't think you could sand those down, just paint it. I'm sure any Home Depot or local hardware store will have a plastic specific paint.

It's actually a little challenging to remove it. It's on there now with plastic body screws like the ones securing your radiator cover. There are 2 body screws 1 above each foglamp that I was able to remove but not re-install. So I'd suggest removing the fog lamps too. I would also have plenty of extra body screws ready and waiting in case you break any removing the originals. Since I had bought the new valence it came with plenty. Your local auto parts store should have them. Just remove one from your radiator cover as a sample.

Yeah since your truck is black if you get rid of that grey it'll look much better. Theres also a paint that duplicolor makes to smoke your chrome.

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

this the one I used, scroll down you'll see flat or gloss black

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

chrome black out

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

Im not sure where you live but I just went to "OSH" Orchard Supply Hardware. I bought a special paint specifically to adhere to plastic. I bought the valence off E-Bay motors new since my previous was damaged. I don't think you could sand those down, just paint it. I'm sure any Home Depot or local hardware store will have a plastic specific paint.

It's actually a little challenging to remove it. It's on there now with plastic body screws like the ones securing your radiator cover. There are 2 body screws 1 above each foglamp that I was able to remove but not re-install. So I'd suggest removing the fog lamps too. I would also have plenty of extra body screws ready and waiting in case you break any removing the originals. Since I had bought the new valence it came with plenty. Your local auto parts store should have them. Just remove one from your radiator cover as a sample.

Yeah since your truck is black if you get rid of that grey it'll look much better. Theres also a paint that duplicolor makes to smoke your chrome.

http://www.krylon.co...on_for_plastic/

this the one I used, scroll down you'll see flat or gloss black

http://www.duplicolo...roducts/shadow/

chrome black out

cool I am definitely going to check out that chrome black out paint. That chrome piece and the one across the grill really had me stumped. I may do the gray plastic in black and black out the chrome. Sherwin Williams will put your factory paint into spray cans for like 10 bucks a can. I have used it before and it did a very good job of matching a 12 year old car.

cool I am definitely going to check out that chrome black out paint. That chrome piece and the one across the grill really had me stumped. I may do the gray plastic in black and black out the chrome. Sherwin Williams will put your factory paint into spray cans for like 10 bucks a can. I have used it before and it did a very good job of matching a 12 year old car.

i just had a local store match my color put it in a rattle can, lightly sanded the chrome bar on my grill used a special plastic primer then sprayed the chrome and cleared it a few times.....it came out good