Those of you with 22's...

mtxbluez28

When you put 22s on your truck... did it affect your perf.? Does your truck feel any slower. I think they look great but i was just wondering if your ss got slower. Thanks

Personal opinion here. I think 22's are way to big to put on any regular size pickup. :wtf: The 20's are perfect.

To each his own they say.

my 22 inch rims and tires are about the same overall heighth as the stock 20's are, but they weight about 10lbs lighter each than the stock wheels. So i really don't think i am losing anything form that. the trick is to get a light rim. :thumbs:

Personal opinion here. I think 22's are way to big to put on any regular size pickup.  The 20's are perfect

i have to disagree with that and say that after 22 inch and bigger you will see performance losses, just because they don't make a light weight 23' or 24' so they can easily start to weigh around 90 plus pounds each. i think my 22's ended up weighing like 72 lbs each per rim and tire

Like SuperSport said, the trick is to find a light weight aluminum wheel. There are so many steel/heavy wheels out nowadays. Stay away from those and go with a forged wheel or one of similiar construction. I have 20s on my Denali and wish now that I had gone with 22's. The only thing at the time holding me back was the extra $1400 it was going to cost. The wheels weren't that much more but the tires nearly doubled if I remember correctly....ah well. I'll go with 22 inch Intro's next go around ;)

Archived