What Would You Guys Do?

SSThunder

Well after I sold the SS I went 5 months without any truck/car payments before buying the c5z06 in July and the 2000 Silverado in September. For the past month i have been thinking about how nice it was not to have a payment and 3 insurance payments(got a 1996 Silverado also). Now I'm thinking about selling the c5z06 and paying off the 2000 Silverado after tax season if all goes well. I also listed the 1996 ECSB on craigslist and got 4 or 5 people really interested in it. I've got $3,500 into it but selling for $2,500. It has a bad sensor(camshaft or crank) or needs a new timing chain but runs and drives. I've owned 6 different vehicles this year lol. My eBay business hasn't made money in 3+ years so I've got a cc that I'm paying on that goes with my business. I've also got a personal cc I never really use but it has a balance I'm paying off. Basically I'm thining it would be nice to get rid of all my debt besides the house so now is the time to do it. What do you guys think?

I love the c5z06 but I'm not attached to any of my vehicles. I think it should sell pretty quick. It's super nice and only has 70k miles on her. I got into a fender bender with the 2000 silverado yesterday but it's fine. Just got a dented passenger side front fender. Not going into details till everything is settled. IMO Not my fault and I saved it from being a lot worse. Needed 4 or 5 inches from being no wreck.

Yep do what you can to get payment less. I owe A couple more thousand on my truck. And then when that is paid for im attacking my wifes tahoe to get it paid off and from there its going to be cash for now on, im tired of banks owning me...

Yup cash is the way to go I paid cash for my clone and cash for my SS it just sucks having to pay someone every month I wish I had enough cash to pay off my house lol

move the vette. you are right on getting your debt down, just takes some effort. GL

:withstupid:

From the little you have shared, your situation honestly sounds really serious - one 'misstep' in your life and you'll be screwed, I think you are overextended. That's my 2-cents.

As you are not attached to the Vette and assuming you can get out of it what you paid for it, go ahead and move it, temporarily. Get rid of the extra truck too. Take the money from the old truck and pay off all the smallest CC debts you have, always pay off CC from smallest balance to largest. Personally, I would not have more than one car loan payment at a time, I would pay off the newer truck first and *then* buy the Vette you really want to hold onto.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

From the little you have shared, your situation honestly sounds really serious - one 'misstep' in your life and you'll be screwed, I think you are overextended. That's my 2-cents.

As you are not attached to the Vette and assuming you can get out of it what you paid for it, go ahead and move it, temporarily. Get rid of the extra truck too. Take the money from the old truck and pay off all the smallest CC debts you have, always pay off CC from smallest balance to largest. Personally, I would not have more than one car loan payment at a time, I would pay off the newer truck first and *then* buy the Vette you really want to hold onto.

Mr. P. :)

Vette/Truck payment are a litle less than what I was paying on my SS so I'm not that bad off. I used $3,500 of my savings for the older truck but I'm going to sell it for a loss and just chalk it up to lessons learned. My business has lost money the past 3 years but I can afford to pay my cc bills. It just sucks to be spending what I spend a month on payments, insurance and cc. The business cc payment has always been paid for by my business till this year. I liked not having a vehicle payment after I sold the SS and it gave me a chance to pay my personal cc down faster. I'm not paying it down much now since I'm paying $300+ for the business cc, plus my savings is down. If taxes and my bonus go well again I should be able to pay the truck off and most of the personal cc. I traded in a Jeep on the vette so I should be able to get $3K or $4k off the sale of the vette.