Better Shocks?

eeekroar

Every time I drive the SS,after driving my Bmw, I feel as if I am being beat to death by the bumps. Yes, I know a truck will never ride like a car but there must be a better shock combo that will improve the ride.I'm jealous of the ride quality in my grandma's Escalade truckcadillac_icon.jpg

Thanks for your help. I have to travel down a 5-8 mile dirt road fairly often and it feel like I'm riding in grave digger with the bumps. The road isn't bad at all really I have taken other cars down it and I don't feel it as bad. Maybe I should put my seat on a spring like monster truck drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive both the SS truck and BMW 3 series (both stock setup). I like the way my truck rides better and the Euro car is newer....have driven bilsteins on a BMW and that helped alot. Bilstein or Edelbrock IAS shocks ftw on either vehicle imo. Those Edelbrock IAS shocks will help you alot on the dirt/gravel road you travel down.

I drive both the SS truck and BMW 3 series (both stock setup). I like the way my truck rides better and the Euro car is newer....have driven bilsteins on a BMW and that helped alot. Bilstein or Edelbrock IAS shocks ftw on either vehicle imo. Those Edelbrock IAS shocks will help you alot on the dirt/gravel road you travel down.

Wow really? The 2011 rides like a cloud IMO,a little floaty in the corners doing 60 but I heard that was attributed to having the all wheel drive. BUT my SS seats are 100000 times more comfortable. Thanks for the advice, I will defiantly be changing setup soon.

• 4 months later...

Installed the Bilsteins, and don't know if I'm truly satisfied. Is their a break in period? Honestly, It's still really rough.

Are the Edelbrocks a lot softer, or anything else I can do to not feel like I'm in GraveDigger?

the belltech street perf shocks are a better shock even at stock height. Ive replaced the edelbrocks and the bilsteins with the new belltech street performance shocks and my customers like the ride a lot better.

the belltech street perf shocks are a better shock even at stock height. Ive replaced the edelbrocks and the bilsteins with the new belltech street performance shocks and my customers like the ride a lot better.

About how much are they running? My girl is literally going to kick the shit out of me since we just bought these.