Bizarre Sound Issue With 05 Vortec Max With Bose System, Anyone Seen T

Hey guys quick question,

I have an 05 Silverado Vortec Max with the full bose system with the DVD navigation system. A few months ago it started having this strange intermittent problem where the front drivers side tweeter would cut in and out and now it doesnt seem to work at all except the weird part of it it, that you can very faintly hear the door chime and music coming from it if you balance and fade all the sound to the front drivers side. All the other speakers work fine, but the front drivers tweeter is just VERY faint. Has anyone ever seen this before? and if so how did you fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Andy

Take off the a-pillar and check the wires to the tweeter to see if something is wrong there. That's the easiest thing to check. Otherwise, my guess would be something in the wiring around the amp or behind your h/u. Have any of your components been changed before or do you have any other added audio?

It's probably a bad tweeter. Pull the a-pillars off, connect the pass side one to the drivers side plug, it should work.

The tweeter is wiring in parallel with the door speaker, so if the door speaker works, the output on the amp should be ok.

Most audio shops sometimes forget to give all the customers old gear back, I usually have some factory tweeters in my tool box, if that's the problem. You can probably get a shop to give you one.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

for sure :-). yea, it sounds like its probably a bad tweeter because when I fade the sound I can get mids and lows out of the door speaker on the front drivers side. It was intermittent and a while like one week itdd work and one week it wouldnt then it just totally stopped lol. Im considering adding an amp for some new highs and 2 subs under the rear seat powered off of a 2 channel amp, but I need to figure out whick lock pick kit I need if thats the best way to go because id really like to be able to watch dvd's on the stock headunit and have amps hooked up to it because I dont want to loose my steering wheel controls or onstar.

Thanks guys, Ill try the tweeter swap and let u know what happens.

Andy