Looking For Some Advice

So I recently got some 06 denali 17s. Of course the center caps have GMC stamped into them and it looks like it will cost me almost $80 to pick up a set of blank chromed ones off of Ebay. I am not about to spend that kind of money especially when these are just temp wheels. What I was thinking about doing is taking the chromed skin off of the caps and hopefully the plastic cap underneath is blank. I could just pick up a can of that chrome looking spray paint and hit them with that real quick. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the chrome looking spray paint. Does it come out looking decent? Will it hold up? The first option I thought of was covering the GMC stamp with the GM performance division badge, but the dimensions of it are not quite right. Any help would be appreciated or I am also open to other suggestions too. Thanks.

I've found that none of the "Chrome Spray Paint" ever works right it always dries to a mat silver finish not chrome at all and rubs off easily. Not good stuff to use it would look really bad. If it was me I would just get some small chevy emblem decals and just put them over the gmc logo on the caps that would look luck better. pepsicheer.gif

I've found that none of the "Chrome Spray Paint" ever works right it always dries to a mat silver finish not chrome at all and rubs off easily. Not good stuff to use it would look really bad. If it was me I would just get some small chevy emblem decals and just put them over the gmc logo on the caps that would look luck better. pepsicheer.gif

Ok thanks for the info. I did find some bowtie emblems, but I'm waiting to hear back from the seller as far as the exact measurements. Because of the slanted edges I need to make sure the emblems will completely cover the GMC stamp.