Hockey Stripe

f1ss

I was wondering if anyone has added the hockey stripe in gold color (the same as the chevy bowtie symbol) on a black truck. Not sure if it would look good or not, it might match up with the bowtie or it might look completely stupid. I was thinking of matching the stripe to the same color as the grille/air ducts, the gold bowtie color, or just the normal white hockey stripe.

First thing that comes to my mind is the Limited Subarus...with the black and gold...so I vote no...however to each their own.

That's the first thing that popped up in my head to lol. I'm not a fan of gold and black.

You guys are definitley right about the subura, my freind had that exact setup on the WRX STI (gold rims, gold stripe). I think the grey to color match the air ducts and grille is the answer.

Thank you guys for the input, it is appreciated.

• 2 months later...

That is one nice looking STI. Same color package as my buddies. Show some pics if you change it up! Gold rims are the big factor......I think I might just get real gold and paint my bowtie with it......

That is one nice looking STI. Same color package as my buddies. Show some pics if you change it up! Gold rims are the big factor......I think I might just get real gold and paint my bowtie with it......

If only I still had an SS to do it to....... I do have an STI but those gold bbs rims like in the bottom 2 pictures are basically impossible to find. And when you do the price is a joke.

I completely forgot those are BBS rims, mint though. I want some BBS' for my truck down the road.........I know you parted with your SS, but be proud you have a car that is banned in Australia (cops cannot keep up with the STI's in the Outback). :pepsicheer:

I completely forgot those are BBS rims, mint though. I want some BBS' for my truck down the road.........I know you parted with your SS, but be proud you have a car that is banned in Australia (cops cannot keep up with the STI's in the Outback). :pepsicheer:

I dont mean to rain on your parade but BBS rims only come in 18" and that would look downright silly. And I hope to have another SS before too long here, selling was a terrible idea! Never knew STIs were banned in Australia, thats pretty bada$$ lol

Stop posting pictures of STI's before I sell my SS too.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

DONT DO IT! That decision keeps me up at night lol If I could go back and do it all over again I would have kept the truck and bought an older STI instead. With that having been said, I have never had as much fun driving a car as I do with my STI. Its got tons of power and especially now that I have practically replaced every suspension bit the thing handles like its on rails! fun fun fun

CHPSPECIAL- I can't believe you forgot Bandit

77tapfgleam.jpg

After seeing a picture like that I cant imagine anyone not liking the black/gold look! hump2.gif