Projector Retrofit

ThatTallCanadian

So I have been reading up on how to do this for a few days now primarily on www.hidplanet.com but most of the cars being featured there are imports and just a general lack of silverados. I am wondering if anyone on this site has any experience with this type of mod and if anyone could reccomend a type of projector and shroud that would best fit our OEM headlights.

Tell you the truth it is pissible, ive seen them, you would have to get a good pair of projectors like from the cadillacs

Or even a honda accord, thires some steps youll be makin, like puttin your silverado head lamps in the oven and the projectos too, removing the projectos, cuttin the right holes, and aliment on the light.

Oh yeah I know its going to take a couple days to completely finish but the quality it`ll give is worth it IMO. Plus i really want the prism cut off line lol :P I've been looking at the TSX projector but i just don't have a clue which projector is going to fit best with a good looking shroud inside of our headlights.

BTW I really don't feel like going the route of eBay projectors since I hear almost nothing but bad things about them, plus I had a bad experience with the last set I bought for my old c/k off there.

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

The best projector to use is the from the Acura TL or the Honda S2000. They offer the best cut off and are really compact that you can use them on almost every application imaginable. I did it back on my 2000 Camaro and the improvement and clarity is. amazing; highly recommended it .

Yea ebay is not the way 2 go, the one that i saw it was about a year ago, they our still good, even better with the hids, the best thing 2 do, look at many diffrent projector lights in diffrent makes and modles, look for the ones that best fits in the silverado head lamp, my best bet would be some from a cadi, keep it all GM with a touch of coustom.

check out theretrofitsource.com they have everything you need to make a retrofit on your truck. They offer the projectors, bezels, hids and relay kit and even a link to a how to guide. Its not that hard but you will need to be patient.

The best projector to use is the from the Acura TL or the Honda S2000. They offer the best cut off and are really compact that you can use them on almost every application imaginable. I did it back on my 2000 Camaro and the improvement and clarity is. amazing; highly recommended it .

got a good site to buy a S2K one from? I don't see any of em on theretrofitsource.com they have the TL's though. I will take a look at em, thanks man.

@elchivo, I am waiting on a friend who works the part desk at gm to see if he can order me any for cheap.