Thinkin About Trading The Truck In

rojo_143

I am thinking about trading my truck in on a 08 G8 GT. But my only question is will the dealership accept my truck on trade in if it does not have cats?? I have OBX LT's that look like they have cats and I live in michigan and michigan does not do emissions testing or anything like that but i am just curious. anybody have any experience with this or insight??

dealer is gonna screw you on value IMO. but if you are ready for that, go for it. They will do a test drive/ once over of your trade in and give you an offer and then a wirte up of the entire sale.

I have a funny story about me going half nuts when a used sales guy gave me an offer on an audi I wanted to trade. staying in the GM family will help.

good luck.

did'nt you just drop your truck?? Interested in swapping off some parts b4 you trade it in? Let me know.

They wont know if you don't tell them... like Kc said keep your mouth shut.I traded a lifted 2wd truck in before and the dealer thought it was a 4wd and gave me like 2k more because of it...it was one of the best feelings I ever had ... lol suckers

dealer is gonna screw you on value IMO. but if you are ready for that, go for it. They will do a test drive/ once over of your trade in and give you an offer and then a wirte up of the entire sale.

I have a funny story about me going half nuts when a used sales guy gave me an offer on an audi I wanted to trade. staying in the GM family will help.

good luck.

did'nt you just drop your truck?? Interested in swapping off some parts b4 you trade it in? Let me know.

Yeah i did but the raise in the gas prices is startin to scare me now that i have a 60+ mile commute everyday insetad of the around the block drive I used to have :(

Yeah i did but the raise in the gas prices is startin to scare me now that i have a 60+ mile commute everyday insetad of the around the block drive I used to have :(

Do you think a G8 GT will be much better on gas Justin?

Do you think a G8 GT will be much better on gas Justin?

Yes and no, No it will not get better milage by much but yes because they do not require premium unless tuned for it. And right now around here Premium is almost 40 cents higher then regular and climbing!! But on the lighter side I am also looking into a e85 conversion I just need to do some more research and figure out what else needs be done other than a retune, swapping out injectors and the fuel pump. I was told that I have to swap out some other rubber lines that are in the fuel system anybody know if there is any truth behind this??

They don't get much netter gas mileage then the SSS. I had one already they nice but trust me your going to start modding fast. For what ur going to go upside down just keep the truck. They do require 93 as well. They run like sh!t on anything else.

if your selling the truck for gas millage why not buy a $5000 honda civic and leave the truck in the garage dunno.gif

I have already done that i have a except I bought a Saturn and it was only $2000 (wanted to stay with GM). The downside is I do not have a garage I live on a horrible dirt road and i cannot keep my truck clean for the life of me. And I cannot build a garage casue i am renting the house.

I was in the same boat as you were the gas prices killed me. I would fill the truck up 3 times a week. 50 -60 bucks and that was at a half a tank or so. I never let it get to empty. Then when I paid the truck off i went out and bought a used 07 Ford edge. Awd 3.5. I know I know its a ford but the price was right and it had 20,000 miles. Now the truck sits till I want to drive it.

Maybe if you can look for a storage place or get a nice car cover for the SS. But again if you have / want to sell then go for it. But at the same time going with a G8 Gt will help you on gas!! This is my .02

I thought about the same and I agree they will steal your truck and hose you again on the new. They buy wholesale and sell retail plus. You can bargain better with no trade. I found and old fixer upper. 1985 dodge 600 4 door sedan. 68,000 thousand miles. Clean inside and out. Three different old ladies owned it.

No rust and 3 door dings, thats all. Now for the rest of the story. Headliner has fell down and they changed oil and tires and thats about all. I bought it for 500 dollars and now have 2700 in it but it leaks oil(4cycl auto) no air or cruise but 23 to 28 miles a gallon and 65 dollars for a new tire. Regular gas and every other tank prem. Use 100% gas Truck has 86k and now sits in the garage . Take it out once a week and thats about it.