Frond End Noise

when driving if i give the vehicle slight gas there is a whining coming from the front end. if i continue to give it gas and as the truck goes faster it goes away. any help

when driving if i give the vehicle slight gas there is a whining coming from the front end. if i continue to give it gas and as the truck goes faster it goes away. any help

its a 04 sss bye the way.

its a 04 sss bye the way.

More than likely your front diff carrier bearing is shot. Do two things. Drain the fluid into a clean container and see what comes out. Check the magnet on the drain plug for metal contaminates. Grab the shaft that comes out of the diff on the drivers side and see if you have any up and down and back and forth movement . If you have movement then the diff is going out. Bought my 04 with the same exact problem. This is nothing new with the SS's. GL

They will have to rebuild it if it's possible to rebuild and not damaged to bad. I don't think you can get a complete diff because they don't make them anymore. I went with the Jaspers diff. My off brand warranty company wanted to install a used diff. I just took the money that they were gong to pay and paid the difference and got a Jaspers. GM knew they had a problem with these diffs but refuse to do anything about other than fix or replace them while the warranty was still good, but sone as the warrantys out it's all yours. Don't know what type of dealer mechanics you have there but don't let them give you any shi* about the diff not being bad.

I love mine. Had it for 2yrs now with no problem. The Jasper diff comes with a 3yr/36000 mile warranty. I talked to them about GM having a problem with this. They said they knew what the problem was and corrected it. I think they have gone into the diff and beefed up the bearing and bearing carrage. I think the cost was 1800.00. If you decide to get one when you receive it, it will say Remade in the USA and not Rebuilt in the USA. They take other companys flaws and make it better. G/L