Exhaust For Sale

sleepingcrna

Just removed off of 2004 SSS, not sure when muffler was originally installed, but it is a heavy, solid bitch that is welded in. I cut it on the tailpipe side of the muffler for shipping purposes. It has a very good deep sound, NO DRONE. All hardware included. No damage, unknown mileage, but again, it is all in very good shape as the truck has been in California most of it's life. Includes the tailpipe section with the stock tip for stock appearance. This is an easy bolt up and go setup for better sound and flow. It will only require a re-weld to attach the tailpipe section to the rest, then install. $225 plus shipping. I have a sound clip on my iphone that i can easily email to you if you are interested. I'll also send any additional pics if you need them. I'll even clean up the tailpipe good before shipping :D

Edited by Gasemall (see edit history)

I think you might have better luck either dropping the price quite a bit or selling the muffler and tip seperate and putting the rest to the side. I say that just because basically thats paying $300 plus shipping for the muffler since most likley they already have everything else in that set up. And someone can buy a muffler for around $100 bucks maybe cheaper and have an exhaust shop weld it up for probably $80. Im not trying to inhibit your sale I just think youd have better luck selling it differently.

I think you might have better luck either dropping the price quite a bit or selling the muffler and tip seperate and putting the rest to the side. I say that just because basically thats paying $300 plus shipping for the muffler since most likley they already have everything else in that set up. And someone can buy a muffler for around $100 bucks maybe cheaper and have an exhaust shop weld it up for probably $80. Im not trying to inhibit your sale I just think youd have better luck selling it differently.

FIrst, everyone has their needs. Maybe a muffler, maybe a tip, maybe want to go back to stock with it all but are ok with this muffer because they like the sound. Second, I'm sure people can find cheaper stuff out there. That is really not a surprise. But if someone likes this setup and can find it alot cheaper, then that is a fair comparison (apples to apples). Third, I am NOT firm on this price. It's hard to find a way to price this. You take the tip and put a value on that. You take the heavy-ass solid steel muffler and listen to how it sounds and then try to fix a value on it. Then maybe add the fact that if someone wanted to use this setup, it's one simple weld and anyone can bolt it up in 15 minutes. Again, it's a number of 'values' that are added up and thrown out there. IT'S NOT A FIRM PRICE, although i should have put OBO in the post. It's a place to start and maybe weed out all the people that want to give me $50 and split the shipping. I have a nice place for it in the trash if that's the road i'm going down. Fourth, did you want to put an offer in on it or were you just trying to help, all the while not trying to inhibit my sale?

It's a place to start and maybe weed out all the people that want to give me $50 and split the shipping. I have a nice place for it in the trash if that's the road i'm going down.

in this right here you sound like a huge D*** just saying he was only trying to help you make a sale.

Stating a fact. Would you take the time to box this huge item up and go thru the hassle of shipping it for some one that wants it for nothing? Not sure how you got involved in all this but if you want to buy it, you make an offer, or make an offer and a statement like "hey, I like the setup and am interested, but seems a little high when I can get something cheaper elsewhere.". Then I counter or even realize it may be too pricey. If you simply want to 'help' someone out or give them an opinion, maybe a PM would be more appropriate. Really NOT trying to be a dick, any more than he was, or you are.

your funny bro i was going to be cool and everything, and i did make a offer... on the only thing worth anything the tip. the muff you can get at auto zone for 70 buck i bought 2 flowmaster supper 44's for 180 with tax and paid a shop 40 bucks to weld it up and run it out the side.

you just need to chill and realize it is not worth anything more than the tip whitch is like 50-60 bucks

your funny bro i was going to be cool and everything, and i did make a offer... on the only thing worth anything the tip. the muff you can get at auto zone for 70 buck i bought 2 flowmaster supper 44's for 180 with tax and paid a shop 40 bucks to weld it up and run it out the side.

you just need to chill and realize it is not worth anything more than the tip whitch is like 50-60 bucks

:lurk:

I can see were this is heading. :lurk:

FIrst, everyone has their needs. Maybe a muffler, maybe a tip, maybe want to go back to stock with it all but are ok with this muffer because they like the sound. Second, I'm sure people can find cheaper stuff out there. That is really not a surprise. But if someone likes this setup and can find it alot cheaper, then that is a fair comparison (apples to apples). Third, I am NOT firm on this price. It's hard to find a way to price this. You take the tip and put a value on that. You take the heavy-ass solid steel muffler and listen to how it sounds and then try to fix a value on it. Then maybe add the fact that if someone wanted to use this setup, it's one simple weld and anyone can bolt it up in 15 minutes. Again, it's a number of 'values' that are added up and thrown out there. IT'S NOT A FIRM PRICE, although i should have put OBO in the post. It's a place to start and maybe weed out all the people that want to give me $50 and split the shipping. I have a nice place for it in the trash if that's the road i'm going down. Fourth, did you want to put an offer in on it or were you just trying to help, all the while not trying to inhibit my sale?

Well I wasnt trying to be a dick I was just giving you a little advice on how to easier sell it. I know it would cost alot of money to ship that whole set up and it would take time to box it up but at that price you wont be boxing it all up. Thats a stock exhaust with a big flowmaster muffler welded in it. I was looking at it from the perspective of someone with a stock exhaust already thinking why would I pay that much money for something I already have with the exception of the muffler. And even if someone wanted to go back to stock that would probably cost less than the muffler it self its just 2 straight peices of 2.75in pipe. I was going to try to sell my stock exhaust but realized it isnt worth it because people wouldnt be willing to pay top dollar for a stock exhaust and the shipping cost it would be to ship it. But with that said thats all I have to say I wasnt looking to get into an online argument over a stock exhaust I was just trying to lend a hand selling your exhaust in a practical way. But you obviously think you have it under control so ill just step away. Good luck with your sale

Jordan, i don't think you're a dick and i'm not pissed at you. I replied to your post to clear the air. I just don't know why you're involved if you have no intention of buying. Non-buyers don't set the base price. I have to put something on it so i did. And as you can see, the price was coming down, just never got a chance yet to see where it would end up when someone decided to buy. You have no idea what someone else might be looking for or how much it's worth to them. For 'not trying to inhibit your sale', i think you're doing exactly that. All i ask is that you keep your opinions to yourself on my thread unless you have the intent to buy. Thank you.

Red, I told you before, i don't want to sell the tip separate. That may change at some point, but not now, and i told you that. As far as what you bought for yourself, why do you think i should give a rats ass about it. I mean where do you feel the right to jack my thread? You can assume that i'm being unreasonable, and i could care less. You can be cool or not, but I don't need you dictating what i can and can't post. Congrats on your exhaust purchase. This is a different story. I'm not trying to screw anyone and my history on here proves it. Now i'm sure you'll want to get the last word on my thread, so knock yourself out. As far as i'm concerned, i'll answer any concerns about prices, product or whatever to NON-BUYERS via PM's.

:withstupid:

I agree with Mike. If you want to purchase or ask how that person would sell the product is fine, but never ever tell someone that there price is way to high or over the limit. If you don't think the price is right that's your business but keep it to yourself. The price is going to depend on what type of position your in.

Holy Sh*t Mike. This thread went south in a hurry!! price seems fair to me. If its too expensive for someone they can shop else where. I love how people always add negative stuff about how its so much cheap here or there. Good luck with sale brother. cheers.gif