Dropping The Trans

So I've have 2nd and a 4th servos to install and a transgo stage 2 shift kit. Hoping this will save my trans from the 150 shot, it should right? :question: Lol anyway my real question is how hard is it to drop the trans and install all of this gear? I called A&C transmissions in Edmonton and they want 1100 in labor alone :wtf::uhoh: figured I could save a lot of cash doing it myself. :cheers:

$1100 is way out of line. :sick: $200-300 is more like it. And yes if you have a weekend you can install the shift kit yourself, without dropping the transmission. Be careful installing the servos, make sure you are clear how to do that (so you don't cock the servo) before starting the job.

Mr. P. :)

• 7 months later...

Wow i totally forgot about this thread. Yes Joe im actually a 3rd year millwright apprentice. Honestly I'm just worried about how I'm going to actually lower and lift the trans without breaking it (dropping) I'm just a scronny little guy and can't lift much :banghead:

Seeing as a stock junkyard 4l80 would handle the power you are making,it isnt that impressive!!lol

$1100 for shift kit and servo install is getting ass RAPED!!!

I have a fully built 4l65 from Extreme Automatics and I only paid $2000 plus the price of the billet input and output shaft(I think I paid around $450 for both)Its working GREAT in my 570hp 408/l92 Escalade.Im really impressed for the $$$$ spent!!!

And it doesnt shift to hard at all with the biggest 2nd and 4th servo's made...

just a note for you i had a&c in edmonton rebuild my 4l80 and it has been running great , not the cheapest but the fact that it hasnt blown up yet is worth it to me lol

You're an edmonton guy?? Come hang out this coming saturday! Timmies by west end walmart off stony, 6 pm!