Hid

feece08

• 2 weeks later...

finally buying these lights.lol i was gunna just go with the raptor kit, been hearing that the slim ballast is no more...so when i order it, i want high and low in the same bulb im guessing. ive never really got into hid kits, dont even know what they mean by ballast.lol and do i need a harness adapter, cables h1, h7?dual in dual out? just not tryn to order shit i dont need. thanks

finally buying these lights.lol i was gunna just go with the raptor kit, been hearing that the slim ballast is no more...so when i order it, i want high and low in the same bulb im guessing. ive never really got into hid kits, dont even know what they mean by ballast.lol and do i need a harness adapter, cables h1, h7?dual in dual out? just not tryn to order shit i dont need. thanks

Your Hi's are 9005 and your lows are 9006. You can't get hi and low in the same bulb on these trucks. You don't need and harnesses or adapters. These kits are all plug n play. Just make sure when you hook them up you make sure the positive side of your light plug goes on the positive side on the ballast which is labeled with a + sign.

thanks man for the help and next quick question is does the 55w get hot enough to cause anytaillight melting or have any other problems...you never know when you might be backing up for a good 10 min, lol

No problems melting so far. And I have accidently proven this as well lol. So I have my reverse set up to come on two ways. First way is automaticly when I put my truck in reverse. Second way is by a toggle switch on my dash. So, when I park my truck i usually back into the parking spot and a always turn my reverse lights on with the toggle before I put my truck in reverse. This gives the light enough time to warm up and and get to full brightness so that when I back up i can actually see. So, to make a long story short I accidently left the reverse lights on when i was at the gym (1-2 hours)banghead.gif . I felt the back of the reverse lights and they were extremely hot! So I turn them off started my truck (thank-you yellow top) and drove home. Took my tail lights off next day expecting them to be melted and nothing!! I was so happy. No melt or warping!!dbanana.gif I can probably thank the high temp black RTV silicone I put around them to help seal the lights.

So no they won't melt even if your are a RA-Tard like me sometimes.seeya.gif

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)

lol, awesome..... well thats what i wanted to know thanks, one day i might hit you up to see how you wired the switch for reverse lights, so i can do the same.

Not a problem. And its just a simple toggle I got from Vatozone. Hook it up to the battery with a fuse and run it to the positive side of each ballast and thats it. Simple and easy.