Ddm Tuning Hids

I went to go order another slim 55 watt kit for a buddy of mine and apparently DDM is getting out of the hid game and no longer selling slim ballast kits....

The real question is.... What is everyone's second choice for a quality hid kit on a budget? I've used VVME.com a lot, before i heard of DDM but had problems with there ballast interfering with radio signals and such. Lets see what other options i have.

Thanks,

Neil

I went to go order another slim 55 watt kit for a buddy of mine and apparently DDM is getting out of the hid game and no longer selling slim ballast kits....

The real question is.... What is everyone's second choice for a quality hid kit on a budget? I've used VVME.com a lot, before i heard of DDM but had problems with there ballast interfering with radio signals and such. Lets see what other options i have.

Thanks,

Neil

i just went to DDM huntington beach store(3 mi away) and i got 2 kits for a buddy 55w slim ballast. but we have plenty of room for the normal size ballasts.

I went to the website and couldn't find them anywhere did some researching and found a couple of these on other forums.

"....A lot of the products we sell now, we are not going to be selling anymore. Some things we sell we will sell a lot more of and most surprising of all, we are going to move out of HID and a lot of other lighting products within the next several weeks. By the time we get to March 1st which is Apexcone's 10th anniversary, we will be doing something mostly different. - Jim aka owner of DDM"

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583933

Well Shoot, I was going to buy a set of Slims for my Tahoe to test it out ( I have heard that the slims light up faster than the regulars), and If I liked them I was going to put some in the Highs of my SS.

Looks like I better order a couple pairs and maybe some backup bulbs before they stop selling them

Well Shoot, I was going to buy a set of Slims for my Tahoe to test it out ( I have heard that the slims light up faster than the regulars), and If I liked them I was going to put some in the Highs of my SS.

Looks like I better order a couple pairs and maybe some backup bulbs before they stop selling them

I just got off the phone with them cause i have to replace one of my bulbs and i asked them about this he said that they pulled the slim ballasts off line casue they were outta stock and it is getting harder to import them to the US. So they were not sure if they would be able to import those kits so they pulled them off of the site so they did not get a bunch of back orders they could not fill. As far as they told me they would still be able to honor all the lifetime warranties.

My buddy just bought a set of slim ballast HID's for his motorcycle and they don't light up any faster than my raptor kit. The only difference is the obviously the size of the ballast and the amount of current that is drawn on start up. The slim ballast draws I think like half the amount of current that the raptor kit does. This is really only helpful on older cars that have very small wiring. Also, in my research it seems that the slim ballast is not as durable as the regular raptor. However, with a lifetime warrenty....who cares. But IMO I would go with the raptor kit. Its cheaper and the ballast honestly is not much smaller. It's just has big as the raptor kit but half as thick. Chevy_anim.gif

I ordered a set of hid from ddm in Nov and got them in about a week. Three days after the first order I ordered an extra set of bulbs which were lost by FedEx. A lot of phone calls and emails all thru Dec and then I went to pay pal and in Jan I got my bulbs. If FedEx loses your shipment , it will take 14 days for a trace and I hope that in the event my life time warranty has a failed part that I dont ever have to wait this long again.

I hope I dont get heat on this but this is a true statement and I have all the emails and dates that pay pal hit my account and dates that the part was shipped. Nov29 to Jan10 is a long time to wait. I hope this is an isolated incident. They did not charge me for the second shipment as Fedex had lost them in the first place. A second shipment was shipped but fell into a black hole somewhere. Could not trace the second shipment at all then after paypal got involved Jan 7 it was shipped again.

Maybe they will last a life time at this rate.(pun)

I ordered a set of hid from ddm in Nov and got them in about a week. Three days after the first order I ordered an extra set of bulbs which were lost by FedEx. A lot of phone calls and emails all thru Dec and then I went to pay pal and in Jan I got my bulbs. If FedEx loses your shipment , it will take 14 days for a trace and I hope that in the event my life time warranty has a failed part that I dont ever have to wait this long again.

I hope I dont get heat on this but this is a true statement and I have all the emails and dates that pay pal hit my account and dates that the part was shipped. Nov29 to Jan10 is a long time to wait. I hope this is an isolated incident. They did not charge me for the second shipment as Fedex had lost them in the first place. A second shipment was shipped but fell into a black hole somewhere. Could not trace the second shipment at all then after paypal got involved Jan 7 it was shipped again.

Maybe they will last a life time at this rate.(pun)

Wow talk about some bad luck. That sucks! I've order from them twice and had gotten them within a week. That weird too I usually hear stuff like that from UPS.

You guys can also PM WICKEDOWESIX and get a very high quality HID kit made in Germany istead of the asian stuff. A lot of people run them and Art has a good rep with them.

however they are a little more expensive than the DDM tunning, but higher quality

Plus it helps out a forum member

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)