Beating Around The Idea Of Getting A Beater

jddmj

well i ghess i should stop talking bad about fords, especially as my DD is a 92 FORD RANGER, its got a four cyl. with 8 plugs, 5 speed. the owner before me rebuilt the engine and since ive started driving it ive put like 50,000 since the rebuilt

its a good little truck i have to say, i only put like 20$ a week compared that to SS witch would be like 20 bucks every 3 days, it saves me from having to use the ss

Still beating the idea around, and as soon as the weather clears, I will go look at this cavy myself. But I got to thinking...........Ive always wanted a 95+ eclipse, and this would be the perfect time to get one. How easy is it to find parts, and are they really high to get parts for this type of car................They get really good gas mileage, and I love the fact of it being fwd

Why not a Honda? Fwd there really good on gas and the parts are cheap as hell my 92 civic has around 165xxx miles and runs like a champ. 80-100 miles 5 days out of the week and no problem been doing that for about a year now. Plus every once in awhile I take it out of town never had to worry about anything good lil Honda lol :pepsicheer:

This was what I had in mind for a daily driver/winterbeater but it didn't happen - $1200 1997 VR6 GTI - manual in a special limited edition color no less.

IMG_1602.jpg

The Defender 90 was my winterbeater/DD a few years ago.

SSandD90.jpg

I wasn't happy with that combo of cars - Ughhhhh - if only...........

I dont see anything wrong with a honda really. I always liked the CRX's myself. But the Eclipse is my first pick. Im actually thinking about going out of town this weekend to look at an 03 sunfire with 74000 miles for 1800 dollars. This could be a real find......im hoping anyway

I've own/ed a tons of Hondas, cavalier and one 99 eclipse and hands down the Hondas were more reliable. Man,don't get a CR-SEX / Sex REX unless you are a tiny midget then you will be uncomfortable or if you're trying to swap it to make it a fart-can beast, get something bigger like a civic/accord or eclipse. The eclipse was pretty small too the way the roof slope. I'm thinking of selling my civic and mazda 6 to buy a newer Jetta as a DD.

I just got a gst eclipse. its just the turbo version. the boy needed to change some stuff and didnt have the money or time so he let it go for $500. new front mount intercooler kit and blow off valve with a larger turbo. not to bad for $500.lol the bad thing is its bright yellow. it also has a full lip kit and leather seats too. should be a fun little beater.

I currently daily drive an 02 Honda Accord EX that I've had since almost new. It now has 124,000 miles on it and the only problem I've had is an upper control arm. Very economical and comfortable. My wife drives an 06 Civic 2 door DO NOT WANT. The visibility is horrible.