Ss Might Be Sold

ChinoHillian

I drove a new TBSS a couple years back at local dealer and the thing was awesome.

But they're not cheap...

Don't know enough about the G8 but had an 01 SS Camaro and know those can be had for less $$ and I'd imagine are just as fast.

Cheaper insurance and taxes too.....

If that's a concern

Personally I'd love to try out a SRT8 Jeep but know where it would lead to...

i'm 19 years old so i'm leaning toward the g8 gt right now because i can get a lot of power out of it and it has active fuel management so i wont be raped with my gas mileage

I still don't think your gas milage will be much better than the SSS even with the AFM.

I still don't think your gas milage will be much better than the SSS even with the AFM.

iamwithstupid.gif

I have been shopping a bit lately as my truck will be paid off soon. I drove a G8 Gt, and was not exactly impressed. It was comfortable, but not exactly what I would call quick. And the EPA rating is 15/24, which isn't great. If you are going for mileage, it may be more cost-effective to keep the SS and baby it... I'm just saying, these may be things to think about. I am not trying to persuade you one way or the other, but just giving my impression of the car. As for the tbss, I don't have any experiences with one, so I won't comment on it.

Hope this helps

-Tim

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

i'm 19 years old so i'm leaning toward the g8 gt right now because i can get a lot of power out of it and it has active fuel management so i wont be raped with my gas mileage

I would go with a TBSS. AFM is a joke I'm going to remove it from my truck soon, it is just a GM gimmick to make people think it saves gas. I've had it turned off and haven't seen any difference from it being on. Also, it turns off instantly when you accelerate and when you start going uphill.