2500 Bucks What To Get?

Brunswicks SS

Well I got the basic boltons: CAI, headers, hd2 shift kit, tune, exhaust. Thing is I got 2500 bucks to spend. What should I buy? I havent bought a stall yet because I want to match it with a cam but the big debate is...KB racing turbo starter kit, but I cant find a way to contact him or trick. Which do you prefere? Or a stroker kit, prolly a 408 with everything buy I dont entirely get what a stroker kit exactly does so some one please clearify this for me. Also this is my DD so pretty drivable. Thanks everybody what would you rather have turbo or stroker?:pepsicheer:

Nothing against turbos/SC as I have a nasty one in garage...

But I may be all over this once once I'm at where you're at......

Vengeance TF Heads/Cam Combo

:withstupid: It's acually a pretty simple swap. There are also alot of guys on here with heads and a cam that use their trucks as a DD. I would know...I'm one of them. 110k and still going strong. The gains would depend on the cam really.

Build up the trans for sure.... Billett input shaft, sunshell, clutches, servos etc.

Then a stall, and use the rest for gas money. LOL.

Then throw a speced cam in there with good springs, hardened pushrods and injectors. When you save up again.

Well I got the basic boltons: CAI, headers, hd2 shift kit, tune, exhaust. Thing is I got 2500 bucks to spend. What should I buy? I havent bought a stall yet because I want to match it with a cam but the big debate is...KB racing turbo starter kit, but I cant find a way to contact him or trick. Which do you prefere? Or a stroker kit, prolly a 408 with everything buy I dont entirely get what a stroker kit exactly does so some one please clearify this for me. Also this is my DD so pretty drivable. Thanks everybody what would you rather have turbo or stroker?:pepsicheer:

a stroker is a way of saying your adding cubic inches by increasing the throw, or strock of the crank. With buying the kit and block work, i'm pretty sure you will not be able to do it on 2500 bucks. And even if you could...you get what you pay for. For example your stock motor right now is 3.622 stroke and your bore diameter is 4.000(364 ci), for the 408 CI you would increase the crank stroke to 4.00 and the bore size would be machined out to 4.030. Also it would not pay to put a new motor together with a stock cam so add another 400, then you need injectors so add another 200 for used ones, then you will need another tune and that price depends on your tuner. And building a 408 on stock heads is.....nuts so add another 1600 for porting.

Its very cool to hear some one say they have not bought a part yet because they want to match it to their set up. Keep that up through the coarse of your build and you'll build one hell of a combo!

This all depends on your goals, for your budget a used SC would be really hard to beat, and i hate to say that because i love NA hp. They can be pretty darn reliable and one of the guys can correct me, but i think it bleeds boost at cruising speeds so your MPG would not be affected...right guys? For a NA set up to beat a SC'd motor...you'd need a set of good ported heads(TEA 317s or 243s), a middle of the road cam would get you there like a 226 duration. But you're going to need a higher stall and then you loose more street driveabilty over a SC that could probably work for a while on a stock stall or a cheap TBSS stall. Both require injectors and a tune. The NA would be..ish: 1600 to port your current heads, maybe another 150 for springs, 400 for a cam, and 600-1000 for the right stall. Plus you need new gm or cometic head gaskets, new gm head head bolts, new front cover seal and gasket, new water pump gaskets, new cross over tube gaskets, and the price of labor would be more. A roots SC would bolt on and pretty much just work to get about the same ET and most likely better MPG.

Nothing against turbos/SC as I have a nasty one in garage...

But I may be all over this once once I'm at where you're at......

Vengeance TF Heads/Cam Combo

Don't get a set of 220 heads. 225 on stock cubes at least. And you really don't need ARP head bolts, GM head bolts have served a lot of NA and SC guys well..unless you really plan on giving hell to it.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i have a 99-04 p1sc procharger for sale asking 2000 shipped, payed 2500 for the thing used, never installed. put one or 2 pieces from set up on my truck to make my own intake but thats it. pm me for more details and ill send you the details of what it has and a pic, no injectors tho.

my bad not trying to screw no one here mis typed the price i bought it. bought it from tylurr on here like last april, ben in a box the whole time.

Edited by artmoreno (see edit history)

If your not looking for big numbers just get a mild cam and send the rest of the money to me :)

Ha you wish:jester:

And my goals are 525 hp. And its set on a turbo and used supercharger now. I love turbos and know alot more about them, superchargers ehhh im ok but not my original nature but im open to new things. So I know this will be personal prefence but who likes turbos and who likes superchargers and why? The thing I dont like about superchargers are the take power to make power when a turbo uses waste energy.

Well unless I found a really good deal on a blower Im 90 percent for sure on the turbo. But does any one have a kb racing turbo? what do you think of it? and another turbo system is TRICK i`ve been looking how to get into contact with them and cant find nothing so someone help me out please.

THANKS

-Ryan:peelout:

Here you go this should help you out

http://www.silverado...__1#entry712033

IMO i would do a Cam and then beef up the trans

THat does help but the thing about the trans is I alredy have a shift kit and servos but I personally dont care about my tranny I have another 3 grand waiting on a big boom so its just down to the engine now.

I dont know im really leaning towards a turbo hmmmm just need some more in put thanks guys