Helper Bags

Z06 DREAMING

Anybody running helper bags on their SSS? I recently aquired a set off of a 3/4 ton Duramax and will put them on my truck since I'll be towing a car hauler soon. I'd like to see some install pics if there are any out there as the half ton and 3/4 ton frames and kits are different. Apparently the mounting locations are different and seeing them on the half ton looks as thought the bag support isn't centered on the frame.

the frame isnt as tall on the half ton so you dont have as much area to work with . however some setups have the bag right under the frame and some have it on the inside . mine are setup on the inside of the frame and with the lift its easy to install.

with a dropped truck and a short bag it wont be hard at all either , the nice thing is you can drill the frame easy with the wheels off . mine was tough drilling them from the inside with the bed still on . 1/2 holes are no fun.

which kit did you get?

It's easier and better to just weld brackets to the rear diff and a top crossbar and put in some 2500 bags. The little sleeve helper bags work, but they tear easier, don't support as much weight, and are the same bags used to raise and lower the seats in 18-wheelers