Destroyed The Front End

BigCountry

Well, I'm an idiot. Rear-ended a Lincoln Navigator in my Supercharged SSS. If it isn't totalled, what should I do for the front. Ins. company says they will be using the Keystone "Certified" parts that are available. If not available, GM parts will be used. The Bumper cover is available aftermarket. Should I stand my ground? It's less than $100 difference.... may have to pay the difference. Then again, they are talking about a possible total loss. Should I buy it back and try to part it out? I'd hate to let the TVS's LQ9, 4L80E, 9.5" rear go when the intercooler is the only part of the drivetrain damaged. Geez I SUCK!!!

ad8b5b16.jpg

d8317ee8.jpg

0e4b5902.jpg

ec86fd0a.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

Sorry to see this, when you get it fixed save your bumper ducts and the broken mounting tabs. I would be interested in them if you sell them.

i am interested also :drool:

sucks man.. if the write it off then i would see what they charge to buy it back and part it out for sure!!! or fix it your self.

Tell the insurance company ok, but then go to the body shop and tell them you will pay the difference and stick with ALL GM parts. Just ask the body shop to provide you a parts list breakdown. :closedeyes:

:withstupid: Agreed, if they will fix it, let them. If they want to total it, fight them......but don't give up hope! The big question......is there any frame or radiator core support damage? That will be the deciding factor whether or not they will try and total it........

It doesn't look that bad to me. most insurance companies go between 70-80% of the vehicles value before they total it. from the looks its just external cosmetics and the entire bumper assembly. now if your truck was all busted looking like you never took care of it they might knock the value down. but it seems like you should be good. this all by looking at a few pics dunno.gif let us know what they say. gary

I am sorry to hear about this, that is one of my favorite setups/trucks on this site. How many miles are on the truck? That might make my decision as you could take the loss and buy another SS, but going through those mods again is not as easy.

Well, looks like it's going to be repaired. Got with the body shop. Nothing will be ordered without my ok. GM parts only unless I decide to change hoods. I love cowl hoods, but I'm not a fan of the reflexxion unit for the 06. What's the opinion of swapping to an 05 front so that I can get a good looking cowl induction hood?

Update:

Good news all around (given the situatuion). GM has agreed to match all the prices of the aftermarket pieces I was quoted. New GM hood, GM grille, GM bumper cover and crash bar, GM everything. Insurance company didn't even bat an eye at replacing the Magnacharger heat exchanger. They are paying to paint my air ducts and bowtie just as they were, I guess she'll be good as new. Planning to have all her little imperfections touched up while in there as well. Hopefully this will be lemonade when all is said and done!

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)