Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Well I believe my in-tank stock fuel pump is going bad on me.....So, I would like to upgrade the in-tank pump to the Walbro 255, and get rid of the in-line booster pump from Magnuson.. I am having a difficult time trying to find the Walbro 255 on the net to purchase. I can find online retailers. I am just uncertain what pump to get (product #, or similiar pumps that would work for my truck)...Any guidance would be appreciated....Thanks in advance

look for a different pump. walbro's have been know to fail. Denso's flow more fuel.

Would you happen to know a product #??

Would the install be similiar to the Walbro 255?? I saw couple older posts about the Denso, but was unable to find product #'s or install tips....

You know a product # for the Walbro 255 for our trucks?

Edited by lilmarv1117 (see edit history)

The easy recommendation is to call Magnusson and order the Walbro-255 In-tank Pump Assembly #31-12-00-026; this is the parts from their 04+ Radix kit, and contains the pump, sock, clamps, hose, etc everything you need to install the Walbro in place of the stock pump. For instructions download the Radix install manual from their website, it gives good picture-by-picture instructions. Price on this kit (as of 2-months ago) is $132.70.

And ditch that noisy-assed inline pump!

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Tre performance makes a replica style walbro 255 with a 1 year warranty. Inexpensive too!

I wouldnt buy a knock off,although anything has to be better than crapola Walbro.

The Denso you are looking for is,Denso 195180-1020 Supra TT fuel pump,there are part #'s that suceed that and alos Toyota part #'s as its an OEM pump,READ RELIABLE AS HELL!!

.They can be had on ebay for roughly $160+.Flows roughly 280lph and over 300lph with a hot wire kit.Ditch the inline,dont use a Walbro,use a Denso and you will never have another fuel pump problem again.

Old Buick Grand National trick....glad to see LS guys have caught on in the last few years.You can buy them from Caspers or Racetronix.

I have never installed a Walbro pump in one of these trucks so I dont know how it compares to the Denso but the Denso doesnt require much trimming of the bucket at all.