A Pillar Tweeters

Fors

How are these wired in to the radio? I always see Front left and right and rear left and right in the wiring diagrams and such but I never see where it talks about the tweeters in the pillars. Im asking because sound does not come out of either of mine ( custom installed HU, amps ect by me ) ive tested each speaker and they both work outside the vehicle but Im assuming they have their own set of wires but I dont know the color.

• 1 month later...

I finnaly got around to rewiring these yesterday and the only way I hear anything from them is litteraly putting my ear against them....I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that this isnt right? If not then I guess its replacement time so are they 1 inch or 1.6 inch tweeters? Id measure but shes in the shop.

When I replaced all the speakers in my truck I just went with components in the front, that they would come with the tweeters and crossovers for them. Wiring them up is easy since the main lead from the Amp connects to the crossover and then from there you have two sets of wire, one set to the tweeter, and the other to the woofer.

Edited by 2006SilverSS (see edit history)

Alright well they are 1.6 inch tweeters but now the only 1.6 inch tweeter I can find is by MB quarts. Does mixing speaker brands do anything weird? Also Im having a ahrd time finding a 6 channel amp to replace my 4 channel so I can have all 6 speakers hooked up to an amp. Would it just be better to find a 2 channel and use it for the 2 tweeters? Headunit only has 3 pre outs and they are all in use so for the 2 tweeters going to a seperate 2 channel amp would i have like a rca that splits into two coming from the front pre outs going to both amps?

what the hell are u trying to wire 6 speakers? unless ur running kick panels with components u dont need a 6 channel. and i dont even think they make one for the public. and there is NO TWEETER MADE TO HANDLE AMP POWER. the max input is around 10 watts MAX. u dont hook up an amp directly to a tweeter. if u have a 4 channel, buy a set of components, drill a hole in the door panel about 2 inches above the factory hole, run ur input wire into the crossover (from ur amp) then to the midd bass driver etc... dont use the factory tweets. they are garbage and designed to be pushed from the FACTORY AMP. once u get an aftermarket amp to the new components there is no need for the factory tweets. just unplug them and leave them be.

what the hell are u trying to wire 6 speakers? unless ur running kick panels with components u dont need a 6 channel. and i dont even think they make one for the public. and there is NO TWEETER MADE TO HANDLE AMP POWER. the max input is around 10 watts MAX. u dont hook up an amp directly to a tweeter. if u have a 4 channel, buy a set of components, drill a hole in the door panel about 2 inches above the factory hole, run ur input wire into the crossover (from ur amp) then to the midd bass driver etc... dont use the factory tweets. they are garbage and designed to be pushed from the FACTORY AMP. once u get an aftermarket amp to the new components there is no need for the factory tweets. just unplug them and leave them be.

+1

I must be missing something since 6 channels are sold to the public...and the tweeters I was looking at handle more rms than my door speakers, maybe im calling them by the wrong name?

ok let me put it this way. if u have MORE power going to ur tweets, u have a problem. the 6 channels that sold to the public are for cars with 6 speakers such as my trans am. u NEVER NEVER NEVER power tweeters directly to an amp. u MUST have a crossover that takes the power in from the amp and splits it about 80-20 (80 to the mid bass driver and 20 to the tweet) u are just wasting time trying to add power to replacement tweeters in the factory hole.

• 2 years later...

Holy shit is there some mislead people in Thai section! "Never amp tweeters seperatly"? "No 6 channel amps sold to the public"? Wow! Wow!!!! Check out JL 600/6, or more so, their 800/8 amp! Tweets only take 10 watts??? Damn I must be killing mine with 225 watts rms! It's been 7 years this way and ain't blown one yet!

Before you speak and mislead people, know what you are talking about

Paul guy is right. They are in parallel off the factory center console amplifier. They are very faint, as that amp isn't much power, and they are Bose branded speakers.

Here I go causing waves again, but ignorance and misleading people piss me off