05 Front With Cowl Hood Or 06 Front With Stock Hood

Wrecked my truck, now I have to decide what front end I need. I'm leaning toward keeping the 06 grille and hood, but toying with the idea of retrofitting an 05 grille and cowl induction hood. Let me hear some opinions. I'm going to be placing the order by tomorrow morning so let me hear what you've got to say.

My truck prior to the wreck. Woudl be goiing back just like this with the exception of cleared lights

P1030335.jpg

Or possibly, going the 05 route with this hood, Clear lights and the same color scheme as above.

2f1f5d3e.jpg

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

I hear ya'll, the Goodmark hood looks increadable, It's got the old muscle look to it. I wish they made a cowl for the 06 other than the reflexxion unit. Doesn't help that I used a truck that all around looks better than mine to compare it too, lol. His does look great, I'm just hating the idea of making my truck look older than it is... geez.

I like the 06 front grille and a cowl hood.i love the 06 hood with the cowl because it seems like it bumps up alot.i had an 06 silvy with the cowl and loved the look of it.but the 05 with cowl is bad a$$ to.either way you go it'll look awesome imo.

I have a silver birch 06 SS and have gone through this same thought process plenty of times LOL. You actually have a reason to change now though after the accident. I would like to try out the cowl hood and 05 grille as well, but it does sorta date the truck just a bit more. I got the truck bc it was the newest one I could find when i was looking. I would go back and get an 05 in a heart beat now so I could get one with AWD.

Sent ya a pm.....

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to stick with the 06 front for couple of reasons. For one, I just couldn't bring myself to put the older style front on my truck, silly I know, but I just couldn't see me debating with someone one day on what year it was, lol. The Ins. company agreed to put all GM parts on the truck. I knew that a new GM Hood would be the best money could buy. But, ultimately, it maintains a bit of a sleeperish look with the stock hood on it, and I do like that part. Anyway, in the end, I think a cowled 05 looks best, but just not right for this truck.

im going to see what i can come up with this summer when i repaint my hood. id like to keep the gm cowl and use the 06 grill. ill have to add some metal to the hood in the front shouldnt be too bad.

im going to see what i can come up with this summer when i repaint my hood. id like to keep the gm cowl and use the 06 grill. ill have to add some metal to the hood in the front shouldnt be too bad.

If I wasn't in a hurry, that would be my exact plan, been thinking about that since I bought my truck. It'll look sick, but not dated. Don't think it'll be had to do either, esp if you've got a donor hood to get the front edge from!