Djm 3/4 Kit And Front Is Too High? Your Thoughts?

jp87gn

I installed a DJM 3/4 Kit from (Tony) and my front is way high still. The rear sits right where I was expecting about 1" above the tire but the front is about 2 or 3 inches off the tire still. I got something in my eye so I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I think it could be one or many of these things.

1. Bolts on 3" drop lower control arms to tight and won't let it settle?

2. need to back off torsion bar ride hieght adjustment bolts lower than where I marked them from before the drop?

3. Could I have the torsion keys clocked wrong?

Like I said, I got something in my eye at the end of dropping the front and had to go to the ER to get it looked at so I haven't had any time to look at it again since last weekend but I would like some of your opinions of what you think it could be.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I installed a DJM 3/4 Kit from (Tony) and my front is way high still. The rear sits right where I was expecting about 1" above the tire but the front is about 2 or 3 inches off the tire still. I got something in my eye so I haven't had time to look at it yet, but I think it could be one or many of these things.

1. Bolts on 3" drop lower control arms to tight and won't let it settle?

2. need to back off torsion bar ride hieght adjustment bolts lower than where I marked them from before the drop?

3. Could I have the torsion keys clocked wrong?

Like I said, I got something in my eye at the end of dropping the front and had to go to the ER to get it looked at so I haven't had any time to look at it again since last weekend but I would like some of your opinions of what you think it could be.

deff the keys. Did you mark the torsion bar before you removed it also the keys??

i would uncrank the keys mayeb you have them cranked down to much???

with the 3/4 kit the truck should sit even somethings going on there.

I backed off the ride hieght adjusters and it brought it down where I wanted it to sit, I just thought that if I put the bolts back were I marked them with the 3" lower control arms it would be 3"s lower but that didn't happen. I backed the bolts off quite a bit more than I thought I was going to have to. I have a before pic and I'll take one now that its all good as soon as I can give it a bath.

I backed off the ride hieght adjusters and it brought it down where I wanted it to sit, I just thought that if I put the bolts back were I marked them with the 3" lower control arms it would be 3"s lower but that didn't happen. I backed the bolts off quite a bit more than I thought I was going to have to. I have a before pic and I'll take one now that its all good as soon as I can give it a bath.

no you have to back the bolts out a good amount nothing wrong there. and remember if its to lower you can go up 1 inch in the rear by moving the shackle to the lower bolt hole.

Put the same kit on my truck about 3000 miles ago except with belltech drop shock. love the rides stiffer and handles way better but not to stiff as to where you feel you are riding on cinder blocks!! if i did it all over again i would not change a thing!!! +1 for tony he knows what he is doing!!!

guys ive been doing these trucks for over 7 years. I wouldn't be putting kits on trucks that didnt ride good or telling people here to get the kit.

I hear you - and know I'll love the ride, but I'm torn on this one and it's about my back issues.

Still waiting on pics ! And an MRI on the 10th......