Gmpp Lsx454 Crate Engine Swap?

Anyone thought about a swap to the new GMPP LSX454 crate engine?? How much would it be to do? I see a L92 Truck Intake or L76 Car Intake would have to be used cause of the LS3 heads. Any thoughts or input about this?? Chase... you've done the LSX block... what is involved? Anything really different about the stock block to the LSX block?

http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Parts/showcase_detail.jsp?engine=3

its more involved than that , you have to run a 24x tooth reluctor. you have to tap the block for knock sensors and install gen 3 sensors in the gen 4 place. the cam sensor is in the front cover so you have to run a new style cam gear with the ls2 front cover and extension harness for the cam and knock sensors. run a different style ls2 valley cover.

though i woudnt buy that motor. the cylinder walls are thin. the 454 is bored to 4.185, big but not unheard of on the lsx block. going this motor id run it n/a and n/a only . some smart gen 5 camaro owner thought it would be a good idea to boost an 11.1 motor and then when it didnt work out so well ask gm to warranty it

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125524

the 454 motor is near 10k . for a long block lsx that not that bad. i had quite a bit more into mine after it was done . that wasnt even with the turbos on it yet. id say my motor would be a 600 hp n/a motor on a good day. but at a 9.2 compression pump gas would be easy with no turbos.

imo build your own motor and build it with the parts to make it better.

its more involved than that , you have to run a 24x tooth reluctor. you have to tap the block for knock sensors and install gen 3 sensors in the gen 4 place. the cam sensor is in the front cover so you have to run a new style cam gear with the ls2 front cover and extension harness for the cam and knock sensors. run a different style ls2 valley cover.

though i woudnt buy that motor. the cylinder walls are thin. the 454 is bored to 4.185, big but not unheard of on the lsx block. going this motor id run it n/a and n/a only . some smart gen 5 camaro owner thought it would be a good idea to boost an 11.1 motor and then when it didnt work out so well ask gm to warranty it

http://www.camaro5.c...ad.php?t=125524

the 454 motor is near 10k . for a long block lsx that not that bad. i had quite a bit more into mine after it was done . that wasnt even with the turbos on it yet. id say my motor would be a 600 hp n/a motor on a good day. but at a 9.2 compression pump gas would be easy with no turbos.

imo build your own motor and build it with the parts to make it better.

I thought you could get that motor with the right reluctor wheel already? And my bad, I thought the blocks were already tapped for the knock sensors. I knew about the LS2 front cover though, don't know how that slipped my mind, guess a few too many at dinner earlier lol. I'm with you on building your own motor though. I'd build a nice 408, but that engine will probably find it's way into alot of hot rods, I think that's more of it's target market IMO.

Edited by RamAirZ (see edit history)