Turbo Charged Or Super Charged?

Silverad0 SS

turbo charged or super charged?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. what do you prefer?

i like turbo better because it sounds better to me, like a 747 plane taking off =))) and with traction issues, a 2wd will spin but with turbo lag your chances of not spining are better. (im talking about on the street not at the track with some fat tires) this is just my opinion, so what do you guys like??? and dont get me wrong i would love a super charger with awd =))) but im just a turbo kinda guy

Edited by Silverad0 SS (see edit history)

i like turbo better because it sounds better to me, like a 747 plane taking off =))) and with traction issues, a 2wd will spin but with turbo lag your chances of not spining are better. (im talking about on the street not at the track with some fat tires) this is just my opinion, so what do you guys like??? and dont get me wrong i would love a super charger with awd =))) but im just a turbo kinda guy

I'm in the same boat with you man but I decied to go turbo the only problem is people going boost happy with a electronic boost controller to many guys just put to much boost and melt pistons on stock engines.. get in touch with kbracing on pt.net he can help you...it also depends on what ur plans are a badass dd racing light to light get a supercharger...but 1/4 mile turbo all day it is also easier on your tranny and such because it has to build boost in the powerband unlike a supercharger which is a instant 500lbs of torque that like to rip out trannys...just my 2 cents a lot of guy have helped me out on this and I'm looking for a turbo right now just a better choice for me also if you have any experience with one and know about them I would go with what you know hope this help

-Ryan

I love my turbo. i wouldn't change it. but i have never had a blower either. my only problem i have ever had with my turbo is heat. heat is a killer. ive never burned anything up but it make my truck very hot on hot summer days. i do love the sound of a nice blower whine. but turbos spooling up sound nasty also. plus i like how easy it is to adjust boost with a turbo. i also like how its pretty easy to keep a turbo out of boost for normal driving.

I'm in the same boat with you man but I decied to go turbo the only problem is people going boost happy with a electronic boost controller to many guys just put to much boost and melt pistons on stock engines.. get in touch with kbracing on pt.net he can help you...it also depends on what ur plans are a badass dd racing light to light get a supercharger...but 1/4 mile turbo all day it is also easier on your tranny and such because it has to build boost in the powerband unlike a supercharger which is a instant 500lbs of torque that like to rip out trannys...just my 2 cents a lot of guy have helped me out on this and I'm looking for a turbo right now just a better choice for me also if you have any experience with one and know about them I would go with what you know hope this help

-Ryan

hell ya man and thanks

I love my turbo. i wouldn't change it. but i have never had a blower either. my only problem i have ever had with my turbo is heat. heat is a killer. ive never burned anything up but it make my truck very hot on hot summer days. i do love the sound of a nice blower whine. but turbos spooling up sound nasty also. plus i like how easy it is to adjust boost with a turbo. i also like how its pretty easy to keep a turbo out of boost for normal driving.

yeah i agree man

well it all depends on superchargers . vortech / prochargers act allot like turbos as far as spooling is considered. only problem with superchargers are the belts if you start getting into smaller pulleys you start getting slippage. i got a procharger and like the simplicity of it and it make stomach dropping power and also sounds like a turbo at certain rpms "lil whistle" .turbos are a lil more complex with a lil more going on but can make huge power as well. if this is your first goaround i would recomend a supercharger.