Looking At 8.1L Injectors

rojo_143

I have been lookin for some 8.1L injectors for a little while now so i can start my e85 conversion and i came across these on eBay. This seems a little to cheap for these injectors let alone the whole fuel rail set up considering they normally run more than this for just the injectors!!! My main question is are these the same as the 8.1L marine injectors?? same flow rate and all.

8.1L Fuel Rail & Injectors

I would look into re flowing your stockers....they will get you the 60lbs and have all the correct data for your tune, marine 42's dont really have the support in the tuning world to have a good set of injector values.

I want to run some E85 one day :)

http://fuelinjectorconnection.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=72

I cant find the price, but it was maybe half of new injectors. so my 42's can become 60's (or actually more) with out having to buy new and sell my old.

I would contact them, it just might not be onthe web page...make sure to tell them you want all the tuning values sent, injector offsets....

I would look into re flowing your stockers....they will get you the 60lbs and have all the correct data for your tune, marine 42's dont really have the support in the tuning world to have a good set of injector values.

I want to run some E85 one day :)

Says who....? Myself as well as many others run the 8.1L marine injectors just fine without any tuning issues......

Says who....? Myself as well as many others run the 8.1L marine injectors just fine without any tuning issues......

Thats just the advise I got on the HPT fourm reguarding injectors. The first step in having a good tune is having the correct values for all the different tables. All else relies on the injector data. SO while I myself am running 42's with values that I trust, they are by no means as good as a set that has all of those values, and if you try to 'ask' for them you will get a pretty common response, "Buy Greg's CD"

These are mod's so you will keep modding and changin so hainvg some room with your injectors is a pretty good idea, in my case 42 work, but I cannot use them for anything else, they will be to small. So if I had to do it again I would shoot for 60's AND not use wiring harness or spacer....I end up at re-flowing what I have and @ $50 ea I dont think its that bad of a deal. the injector data CD costs like $400??

Start looking for injector values with the 42's and it will drive you nuts how much variance there is, I read that if you post a tune with the values from the CD, they change the injector settings so guys cant get them for free...

If you want support I would buy them thur FIC.

Thats just the advise I got on the HPT fourm reguarding injectors. The first step in having a good tune is having the correct values for all the different tables. All else relies on the injector data. SO while I myself am running 42's with values that I trust, they are by no means as good as a set that has all of those values, and if you try to 'ask' for them you will get a pretty common response, "Buy Greg's CD"

These are mod's so you will keep modding and changin so hainvg some room with your injectors is a pretty good idea, in my case 42 work, but I cannot use them for anything else, they will be to small. So if I had to do it again I would shoot for 60's AND not use wiring harness or spacer....I end up at re-flowing what I have and @ $50 ea I dont think its that bad of a deal. the injector data CD costs like $400??

Start looking for injector values with the 42's and it will drive you nuts how much variance there is, I read that if you post a tune with the values from the CD, they change the injector settings so guys cant get them for free...

If you want support I would buy them thur FIC.

And yet another reason why I don't like HPTuners... it seems that a select few know everything and everyone must be a sheep in a flock in order to get anything, and anywhere with tunning. Nothing against you Joe, just an observation of mine. BTW there are good know values for the Marine 8.1l GM injectors... however that data is GM's and is in ther marine pcm info. Also the truck 8.1l injector data drives the marine injectors very well with no problems at all.

I feel the same way about HPT sometimes...espically when you are just starting out, very frustrating.

I hear you on values for the 42's....I know they are out there, the new camaro 42's have all the data too. IMO I see e85 becmoming a 'mod' for the older guys and having alot of room in the injector will be needed and not avaliable with the 42's

would love to see an non innercooled, E85 and meth turbo truck...