Fast Lsxrt Dyno Results

Wheatley

Ok guys,I figured I would start a new thread with the dyno results going from the factory truck intake manifold to the Fast LSXRT 102mm manifold.

An LS3/LS7 90mm throttle body was used along with the X link.It works very well,no problems

The only changes were the manifold,throttle body and removed MAF sensor (Speed Density)

All pulls were done in 3rd gear TCC locked

If you wonder about the hp falling off at 6600RPM about 15hp,we ran into 2 degrees of KR and that was the result.LOL I will be back in a few weeks with more results.

The heads are still the factory 243's milled .035,ports are untouched.

Hopefully this will help some of those who have been wondering how well this manifold really works :pepsicheer:

Here are the mods

6.0 LQ4

Kooks longtube headers

Heads mentioned above

Comp 228 232

Fast Lsxrt 102

Performabuilt Level 2,PI 36-3800 triple disk and 4.10's

Factory truck manifold

SAE

392.77 Rwhp

391.61 Rwtq

STD

402hp

401tq

Fast LSXRT 102mm

SAE

420.00 Rwhp

407.39 Rwtq

STD

432hp

416tq

I really wish this graph was not missing a big Chunk

Here are the graphs before and after

post-5268-002809700 1296891958_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)

Thats amazing numbers Charlie great work as always sir. I am always impressed with you. A little heads up your prob gonna hate me but soon as I get back from Korea I will have alot for you to do :)

Thanks for sharing with us.

Justin

Are these intake manifolds a direct bolt? I really want to get rid of this but ugly stock manifold and a couple extra hp would also be nice. My warranty is up in march so I figured I will start doing a little more tinkering.

According to their website write up it is suppose to just be a bolt in and plug and play we can even retain our factory throttle body with an adapter if you would like.Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the only thing that is required to change is the fuel rails correct???

Nice gains....

Was the stock truck intake the one used on the 99-06 models or the TBSS style thats used on the 07 up 4.8's and 5.3's?

The previous dyno numbers were with the "stock" to his truck 78mm intake manifold.

Thanks guys

That is correct the factory 99-07 classic 78mm truck manifold was used before.

You can use the factory fuel rails with the rail kit you can get from fast.

I am about to order the fast billet rails.

Kevin,Yes I got rid of the MAF while I was at it,so the VE needed work,Base idle airflow,spark ect.

Transient fuel on closed throttle really needed some work as well as alittle bit at throttle tip in.

I went to Chevrolet and got an IAT sensor for an F body as well as the pigtail and relocated the IAT Sensor

The idle is very solid and stable. :cheers:

Kind of misleading saying you gained XX HP just by bolting on the FAST when you also deleted another restriction aka the mass air flow meter.

Im no tuner myself but ive seen many tuners say 10-20hp at the wheels going to speed density.....Im sure youve tuned enough of them to know Charlie,how much of a gain from going speed density?Just average from what youve seen?

Sorry,the MAF was taken out of the loop,so it is tuned Speed Density.

The Before dyno run using the factory truck intake and factory 78mm throttlebody was also tuned speed density,however the MAF was still installed at that time.

Sorry I should have been more clear

Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)

I wonder how the low end would gain with a 224 cam on a 112lsa???

If that would bring the peak down about 600-800rpms and flat line till around 6200 I might have to get one.

What injectors are you running with that?

BTW very nice numbers. :thumbsup:

"The heads are still the factory 243's milled .035,ports are untouched"

wow isn't that like a 58cc head then? What is the lift on the cam and did you check PTV clearance?

Nice numbers for sure, have you thought about porting it now and doing the test again? that would be great to know if porting them is worth it a small cube motor.