Flex-A-Lite & E-Lite Fans?

Ive been poking around and read that a lot of guys on here have Flex-a-Lite & E-Lite Fans equipped on their trucks. Seeing as Im somewhat new to all this, and Ive been out of the game for a while (stuck in f***in Afghanistan), I have a few questions about them...

1) Whats the purpose in them?

2) How hard are they to install?

3) What do I gain from having them?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Matt

Well by you being a 2005 theres a good chance you already have electric fans so the flexalites would do no benifit to you. Where as someone with an 03 or 04 SS that come with a clutch fan thats driven by a belt by the engine which create drag on the engine because the engine has to turn that big fan. Where as electric fans are controlled by the PCM and not belt driven which takes the drag off the engine.

:withstupid: Your truck (2005+) already has efans, and the GM ones are a ton better than the FAL fans. Switching from clutch fan to efans gives 10+ hp, 0.1-0.15 seconds off 1/4-m time, and about 0.2-MPG improved economy; the improved MPG is why GM put them on the truck in 2005.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: Your truck (2005+) already has efans, and the GM ones are a ton better than the FAL fans. Switching from clutch fan to efans gives 10+ hp, 0.1-0.15 seconds off 1/4-m time, and about 0.2-MPG improved economy; the improved MPG is why GM put them on the truck in 2005.

Mr. P.

There's your answer...... Now you can take all that money you're saving up and blow it on other mods that will be kicking down your door when you get back ! ..

Oh trust me, Ive already spent most of my deployment money, and my reenlistment bonus. Im saving to get my wife & I a couple of motor cycles and/or jet skis right now, and deposit on a place when I get back!