Apm Hood

Ok so I really like this hood but it is fiberglass and painted it costs 1500. I want to know wat everyone thinks of this hood and if it'llbe a good hood being that it is fiberglass. I'm not a fan of glass hoods but I really like this hood. Opinions?? Thanks

post-21297-062155700 1297011776_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i personally like fiberglass products, hoods especially. the trick though is you have to get a good hood before the mold is used to the point of being wavy, but after the new has worn off of its edges. i have seen a lottt of bad hoods, but generally the worst are the race weight, or the cheap brands, i guess its like they say, you get what you pay for. IMO i think the hood looks great, but 1500 is a war price for it. like 1st said, 400 is fair, maybe even 500 if its something you really like, but i dont see the extra grand worth of paint work, especially not on a solid colored truck. 250-300 is what i would expect to pay on having a hood painted, but thats here, and prices vary all around. just my two cents

Ya the price is definatly a killer and don't really want to spend that on the hood. I like the hood and I think I like it more is because its different then what everyone else has. I like to be different then most people and I hasn't seen one of these hoods in real life.the hood minus paint is a grand witch is still alot.I'm just lookin for ideas that not everyone has ya no wat I mean.

i almost got that same hood. i decided not to cause of how the scoops angle back. i didnt really care for that at all. i think thats way to much for it i paid $670 for mine shipped and then another $250 for paint and i had it painted at a GM dealership wish is never cheap. they did a great job even blocked it out a few times just to get it straight. heres one almost like it for a better prices same one i got. its a true ram air also.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c-25=Exterior&category%7ccat_-25%7c347=Hoods&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=3191

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

heres a straight on shot. sorry its crappy pix only ones i could find.

IMG_4718.jpg

heres another pix

IMG_4398.jpg

ya man that is definatly an awesome hood, I think I am guna go that route. Damn dude your truck is just so clean and good lookin. I also love those rims

i almost got that same hood. i decided not to cause of how the scoops angle back. i didnt really care for that at all. i think thats way to much for it i paid $670 for mine shipped and then another $250 for paint and i had it painted at a GM dealership wish is never cheap. they did a great job even blocked it out a few times just to get it straight. heres one almost like it for a better prices same one i got. its a true ram air also.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?category%7ccategory_root%7c-25=Exterior&category%7ccat_-25%7c347=Hoods&canned_results_trigger=&partfamilyid=3191

I didn't realize it but its a glass hood also.do you have any problems with it shaking or anything at high speeds?

I didn't realize it but its a glass hood also.do you have any problems with it shaking or anything at high speeds?

not that i have noticed. i haven't taken it on a high way so i haven't got it over probably 70 or so. but i have never had any problems with it. kinda thinking of getting a steel hood also. only reason is cause we had hail about 6 months ago and my truck was outside at that time and it got hit and it cracked the hood in one spot. very hard to see it. but i know its there so i want it replaced. but they will let me keep my old fiberglass hood also.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)