Apm Hood

Thank you for all the great info because I probably would just sign for it and take it then get it home and then open it up. That was alot of its lol. I've never ordered a hood before so I wasnt aware that they often came damaged so that is something I will definatly check before signing. Thank you again

i have heard from a few people about there body parts getting damaged. so it is a good choice to do a good look over before u sign. i ordered 2 hoods last year ( one for my truck and one for my wifes car) I was lucky and they both came in great shape. so do check it over. I personally check over every package i get before letting the shipper leave. but i work in a warehouse so its second nature for me cause we deal with alot of items being shipped. tons of thing get damaged during shipping.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Goodmark steel hood came in with a nice "Raspberry" on the cowl, to say the least. I have seen worse, but definetly check it out before you accept the hood.

Secondly ... the OP of this thread was looking at a Fiberglass hood. Is it just me, or someone who lives in Butte MT think about not owning a fiberglass hood? I would fear the glass breaking under extreme cold temps. Your driving down the road and hit a few pot holes. Wouldn't the glass tend to loosen up by the mounting hardware? just a thought.

My Goodmark steel hood came in with a nice "Raspberry" on the cowl, to say the least. I have seen worse, but definetly check it out before you accept the hood.

Secondly ... the OP of this thread was looking at a Fiberglass hood. Is it just me, or someone who lives in Butte MT think about not owning a fiberglass hood? I would fear the glass breaking under extreme cold temps. Your driving down the road and hit a few pot holes. Wouldn't the glass tend to loosen up by the mounting hardware? just a thought.

You made an understatement about a few pot holes lol. For some reason this winter has really destroyed the roads. But That is a very good point that I never even thought of with the glass breaking or cracking. Would or could this happen. If so it would definatly be a better idea for me to go with a steel hood.

You made an understatement about a few pot holes lol. For some reason this winter has really destroyed the roads. But That is a very good point that I never even thought of with the glass breaking or cracking. Would or could this happen. If so it would definatly be a better idea for me to go with a steel hood.

it can. but also look what alot of cars are made out of these days fiberglass/ plastic. i know people who run fiberglass body parts and carbon fiber parts with no problems. my wifes car has a carbon fiber deck lid and hood and we haven't had any issues at all. heck on all our delivery truck at work the front ends are fiberglass and they run up and down really bad roads all day and we haven't had issues either. its just one of those things that can or can't happen. i know fiberglass is rated for some heat also. i called the Co that makes my hood and asked them if the hood would hold up to the heat of my turbo and the guy said that he heats it up to 1600 degrees to form the hood to how he wants it and thats direct heat.