Wiring Amp For Door Speakers

I have a bunch of extra amps and figured might as well start the switch and get rid of the bose amp and add one of mine in. When amping all the door speakers do you need to run all new wiring or can you get away with tapping into the wires that were running off the bose amp? It seems logical but just not sure. I was always use to just running all new wire but this would make it a lot easier if its logical.

I'm no audio expert, but I ran all new wiring when I did the amp install for the mid's and high's in my truck. The factory wires are still there and probably would have worked, but I'm not sure how many watt's they support. If you're looking to push more power to the speakers than stock; I'd suggest just running new wire so you know it can handle it.

I have a bunch of extra amps and figured might as well start the switch and get rid of the bose amp and add one of mine in. When amping all the door speakers do you need to run all new wiring or can you get away with tapping into the wires that were running off the bose amp? It seems logical but just not sure. I was always use to just running all new wire but this would make it a lot easier if its logical.

You can do either one it will work fine all though newer bigger wire will transfer power better and cleaner!

I don't think it is easier to tap onto stock wiring. Where would you hook it up? The center console? By the time you get the console apart to get to the harness for the amp, i can have new door speaker wiring done and half a beer by then.

The door jam boots are huge, door panels almost fall off(2 screws on a 03)., sill plate pops off, as does kick panels. Super easy.

I guess you are right, wouldn't be to bad but still wanted to know if it could be done the way I mentioned. Now when taking away from the bose amp, what harness is then needed for the HU? I have a POS axxess harness and I get major engine whine from it, and its entirely due to the RCA's of the HU connecting to it then running to the bose. How do I retain chimes if i yank the axxess out? I guess I could still keep it in too since it would be connected to the BOSE right?

I guess you are right, wouldn't be to bad but still wanted to know if it could be done the way I mentioned. Now when taking away from the bose amp, what harness is then needed for the HU? I have a POS axxess harness and I get major engine whine from it, and its entirely due to the RCA's of the HU connecting to it then running to the bose. How do I retain chimes if i yank the axxess out? I guess I could still keep it in too since it would be connected to the BOSE right?

To hack into the factory wiring for speaker wires would be quite a bunch more work. To run the wires the most direct way, if your amp is going behind the rear seat, you'd have to pull out the seats and console to run wires.

I use axxess harnesses all the time and don't think I've had one with engine noise, hopefully it's not the deck.

You can use the same harness, but you'll lose the chimes since the sounds come from the integration harness and go into the bose amp, and if you install an amp, you'll be bypassing the amp to run rca's to the amp..

I have the same issue with my truck and I have a gmos-04 and don't want to buy a new harness cuz i'm cheap. So the cheapest solution is to y the rca from the deck to the amp and the axxess piece. Then tap into the speaker wire before it goes into the door, hook up a small speaker, and tie it up under the dash.

Or you could just buy a new harness that has the speaker built in like a gmrc-01 and that should work.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I will be upgrading all the comps and amping the door speakers shortly. I think I have a blown rear door speaker anyhow, either that or the RCA on the axxess harness is shot which is a good possibility since this harness has been nothing but trouble. Anyhow, will the door chimes still work when amping the comps? If not is there a way to keep them? \

Now its just onto buying new stuff