The 2012 Zl1 Camaro......

ssspringer

IMHO GM has this all wrong... especially to just use old names on new cars...

The SS should get the supercharged engine (~550 hp) The brauns of the group. If a ZL1 is to be made, that car should have an all aluminum, high reving, 425+ci engine like the ZL1 of the past (~600hp), (The super camaro). And the Z/28 should get a small direct injected V8 that can rev to the moon and back (500hp) the nimble and handling track car. Just like in the 60's.

And for the purenst, a 1LE would be the shiit. A striped down, no appolagies, ZR1 brakes, any motor you think you can handle, all track suspension monster...

IMHO...

The SS should get the supercharged engine (~550 hp) The brauns of the group. If a ZL1 is to be made, that car should have an all aluminum, high reving, 425+ci engine like the ZL1 of the past (~600hp), (The super camaro). And the Z/28 should get a small direct injected V8 that can rev to the moon and back (500hp) the nimble and handling track car. Just like in the 60's.

And for the purenst, a 1LE would be the shiit. A striped down, no appolagies, ZR1 brakes, any motor you think you can handle, all track suspension monster...

IMHO...

dude exactly! they dont know some names you cant just throw out there and IMO ZL1 and camaro is one of those...if it was the race pack like ford and dodge has , with a big NA motor then ZL-1 is deserved. call me a purist :)

IMHO...

I tend to agree with this. But if this will todays top dawg for the Camaro i can see where they are coming from. And a 1LE would be cool again but just dosen't have the balls of a ZL1 in 1969. I 1LE was basically a cop car with out todays performance.

IMHO...

iamwithstupid.gifpeelout.gif

I tend to agree with this. But if this will todays top dawg for the Camaro i can see where they are coming from. And a 1LE would be cool again but just dosen't have the balls of a ZL1 in 1969. I 1LE was basically a cop car with out todays performance.

weren't the police cars option 9c1, and the 1LE where stripped down racers.

Read here

1LE story