Ford sites....Lonely?

Heldonss

Do you guys remember the Maytag commericals?? The repair man was so lonely! I bet the site administrator on Ford sites feels just like him. :lol: It seems that with all of the "Ford" guys on here....there can't be anybody left on their site.

I am just stating an observation......let the smart @ss remarks come. :cool::chevy:

Do you guys remember the Maytag commericals?? The repair man was so lonely! I bet the site administrator on Ford sites feels just like him. :lol: It seems that with all of the "Ford" guys on here....there can't be anybody left on their site.

I am just stating an observation......let the smart @ss remarks come. :cool::chevy:

:uhoh:Absolutly right on!

or we could always just express our interest in some "competition"... or then there's me who is just an internet addict. tell you what, come to a ford site and see how many chevy guys are there, its a rivalry that has its friendlier moments.... Can't deal with it, or sdon't understand it it's no fault but your own...

-Joe

or we could always just express our interest in some "competition"...

-Joe

Competition??? You have a 94 Lightning.....what do you want to compete with? A school bus?

My buddy has a 95 Lightning with like 100,000 and does nothing but modify it so he can beat my 90 454 SS. Mine is stock, while he bought his wrecked 2 years ago and has spend more then $14,000 on this thing.

This is ironic because he knows better then to get on this site....because he had to modify his truck inorder to beat a stock 454 SS! Stock to stock I beat him!!! :chevy:

We, however catch nothing but flack if we start talking about adding this or that to our stock Silverado SS. I know the NEW L's are fast....nobody here doubts that, but why do you have to come to the "competition's" site to blow about it? Are you trying to make up for something else??????? :D ...Come on oval guys.....if your truck are so "BAD", then go and drive the damn things!

-Joe

Competition??? You have a 94 Lightning.....what do you want to compete with? A school bus?

My buddy has a 95 Lightning with like 100,000 and does nothing but modify it so he can beat my 90 454 SS. Mine is stock, while he bought his wrecked 2 years ago and has spend more then $14,000 on this thing.

This is ironic because he knows better then to get on this site....because he had to modify his truck inorder to beat a stock 454 SS! Stock to stock I beat him!!! :chevy:

We, however catch nothing but flack if we start talking about adding this or that to our stock Silverado SS. I know the NEW L's are fast....nobody here doubts that, but why do you have to come to the "competition's" site to blow about it? Are you trying to make up for something else??????? :D ...Come on oval guys.....if your truck are so "BAD", then go and drive the damn things!

:cheers: Well said Heldonss! :chevy:

-Joe

:cheers: Well said Heldonss! :chevy:

:lol::flag::thumbs:

Whoo!! Hoo! gloves are off now!!

Nice Job Heldon... Way to take an otherwise mature conversation and throw poop on the fan... Say what you want about the Gen1's, but i will tell you that my truck is faster, and better handling than this new SS, so if you guys are on here to see the new AWD School Bus SS, then yeah, that's what I'm here to compete with....

-Joe

" I would be suprised if the L's any of these new SS's pull up next to would be...."<<<Huh?

Anyways I did some investigating.I didnt know the 1st Gen L's handled that good,wow.

But a stock 94 L against a 03 SS,the SS would win,here what I found for a 94 L.It would be a good race though.

0 - 60 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.2 seconds

0 - 100 mph . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25.7 seconds

1/4-mile . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 15.6 seconds @ 87.4 mph

Street Start, 5 - 60 mph . . . . . . . . . . . .7.3 seconds

Top Gear, 30 - 50 mph . . . . . . . . . . . .3.7 seconds

Top Gear, 50 - 70 mph . . . . . . . . . . . .5.2 seconds

Top Speed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .110 mph (electronic limited)

that comment was saying that i doubt any of the L's would be stock, i wouldn't count on it, there are some mean azz gen1's out there that want nothing more than a bit of chevy to chew on. As I said, i just got my truck like 8 months ago and as a college student money isn't free flowing, so i'm saving for the fun stuff, however i do have some mods done....

-Joe

I tell you what.Im not a Ford guy,but I saw a 1st gen last Labor Day weekend at the strip.The guy had different351 block in it,I think SVO with the works.He ran like a 7.5 1/8th.I honetsly think if I were to build an L I would go with a 1st gen,I dont trust the modular motors.I will stick wick good old OHV.

Archived