Lights Inside Radio Knobs

scootertrash19

Went out this morning, started the SS and noticed the headlight switch bulbs and the radio knobs didnt light up, on/off and tune knobs, anybody know if these can be fixed, has the stock Bose 6 disc, would like to keep the original radio if possible, any help or suggestions would be great, just turned 63k miles.

you'll have to open it up and solder in new bulbs, may as well do LED swap while you ahve it open.

Same goes for the steering wheel controls. GM will sell you all new buttons but its too expensive, just do the led conversion IMO, looks much better and its very easy to do. Costs like 10 bucks to do the whole truck.

you'll have to open it up and solder in new bulbs, may as well do LED swap while you ahve it open.

Same goes for the steering wheel controls. GM will sell you all new buttons but its too expensive, just do the led conversion IMO, looks much better and its very easy to do. Costs like 10 bucks to do the whole truck.

:withstupid: Thats what I did in mine.

Punch the face of the radio. That's what I did when mine went out, and i'll be damned if it hasn't gone out again.

I was hoping that it was totally done so I would have had an excuse to get a new one, but I guess I didn't punch it hard enough.

But if I do it I wanna do everything not just the cluster. The only thing I don't need to do is the radio cuz I have a double din

I'm not worried about anyone trying to pull a sale from me. Everyone wants it but no one wants to pay for it lol. And I am talking about the whole thing. Here are a few pics of mine.

2010-12-31_18-17-05_166.jpg

2010-12-31_18-12-55_250.jpg

2010-12-31_18-15-54_75.jpg

2010-12-31_18-16-08_16.jpg

Holy Crap!!! Dude that looks really good!!

Thank you sir! They are kinda crappy photos since it was with my phone. It was pretty time consuming since I fabricated a lot more LED's in some areas so that I wouldn't have any hot spots.

Thank you sir! They are kinda crappy photos since it was with my phone. It was pretty time consuming since I fabricated a lot more LED's in some areas so that I wouldn't have any hot spots.

How would you do everything if it's all over here in my truck? Like the buttons on the wheel