Crosspost. I Want To Do Led'S

StealthSS

I'm going to do exterior LED's shortly. I wish someone would put LED's in the stock 03-07 housings.

Here's what I want to do. If anyone has experience with these and did not like them let me know before I make a mistake. I thought long and hard about smoked lights and decided to go with a close to stock look.

Bumper lights:

http://turbometal.com/lighting/bumper-light/chevrolet-silverado-03-06-led-bumper-lights-chrome.html

Going with the Recon tails:

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=128&pname=Part-264173RD-RED-LED-Tail-Lights-ChevyGMC-99-07&p_cat=44

I chose the Anzo 3rd brake light, if only because it got good reviews and has more LED's in the red segments than the others I have found:

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A3985A0A0A2358853.aspx

See what yall think, and give feedback if ya want.

Thanks.

I'm sorta confused about what your asking but if it helps... when I did my headlight clearing I stuck 2 led strips in my light so it looks like the audis with white leds and also a red one so it looks mean.also the way the headlights are angled it makes angery eyes and I have blackout lights and it looks so good. I paired it with white leds in my grill vents and it looks so cool...

I sort of need to do the bumper lights and tail-I have one bumper light and one tail that are leaking, and one tail that is chipped on the inside of the lens-have NO idea how that happened.

I was just trying to see what other folks thought is all.

All of those products are nice, but you can have exterior LEDs for way cheaper. I just swapped all of my bulbs for LED bulbs from v-leds.com. I was going to go with the Recon tail lights also, but I have seen far too many vehicles with them and there are multiple LEDs that do not come on. Our stock tail lights look awesome so I'd say just change all the bulbs to LEDs and remember to get the resistor kit or the special flasher module so your blinkers will flash at the proper speed. You can bake your tail lights to loosen the gasket so you can separate the two halves, clean them up and then re-do the gasket so there will be no more leaks. You may also be able to find a set of used stock tail lights for sale somewhere. You can do the same thing with the bumper lights to fix the leak and then just upgrade all of the bulbs to LEDs. If you were to get the LED bumper light housings it would definitely give your truck a unique look though. The Anzo third brake light actually looks like a nice product, but again, I chose just to change all of the bulbs to LEDs. The difference between the two options is with the Anzo light, you will see each individual LED light up and with the stock light with LED bulbs, you will just see a large lit rectangle since the inside of the light is hazed a bit. Either way you go, it's your truck and you can do whatever you like to it. Good luck thumbsup.gif

I'm sorta confused about what your asking but if it helps... when I did my headlight clearing I stuck 2 led strips in my light so it looks like the audis with white leds and also a red one so it looks mean.also the way the headlights are angled it makes angery eyes and I have blackout lights and it looks so good. I paired it with white leds in my grill vents and it looks so cool...

I want to see pics

Not a fan of the Turn signal lights unless they were smoked, I like the tailights and the third break light, but just like other people have said before, I see a bunch of vehicles running around with similar tailights and lots of them are missing LEDs. My LED light bar is missing some on the reverse lights, so every time i unlock my truck you can see that its missing lights, grr.

Personally I wold juts buy some LED bulbs and resistors. I think in the long run it would be cheaper and when a bulb is missing LEDs just replace it, IMO its better than replacing and entire headlight. Now if you do get the full LED tails i guess you could always sodder in a new single LED if you have one go out, but thats only if your up to doing something like that

• 2 weeks later...

I did the rears. Love the Recon tails. Brightest LED's I have ever seen. I decided not to do the front lights at all.

IMO, the reason the Recons light up different segments for brake/tail functions is simply because the suckers would burn your eyeballs out if they all lit up.

If they go out I will send em back and get more. Recon _says_ their LEDs are the brightest (definitely believe that) and that theirs last longer (dont know about that).

I definitely like the choices I made. Thanks for the good advice.

And If I did have to replace them every two years or so I wouldn't mind doing that-any more frequent and I would have to try something else.

I also like the fact that the Recon has a slot for the side marker bulb that lights up to look like neon. An added plus I didnt expect.

Do you have pics of this