Cats

Brunswicks SS

well I went down to my local muffler shop do do my new exhaust (obviously). I wanted to run with no cats and get truck plates so I dont need cats but he said I need them:banghead: or its a 10000$ fine on him. So my quesstion is should I just keep em? I thought about high flow cats but there like 130$ i believe and alot of people say they dont work. What do you guys think?:help:

Hi-flow cats are a waste of money IMO. Had em and burnt em up real quick. If they do a visual inspection on vehicles where you live, you're gonna need to have cats. Otherwise, just pay someone on the side to do the job. You'd be surprised how many people would do it for a few extra bucks.

When I was into STi's I took my car to a local Suby Tuner who sold and instsalled like a gazillion catless exhausts on the cars around here.

He had history with that exact thing your shop mentioned.

So as soon as your car was dropped off the license plate would be removed - so it the cops happened by the were SOL

Had to ask him WTF ? and got the story...

Not sure if he would do this, but I know some shops won't remove them but if you cut/remove them yourself and drive over there they will weld up an exhaust without them. That was my old muffler shops way around it. You could always pull the pipe and gut your current cats too. Honestly though you can get some high-flow magnaflow's for a decent price and not have to worry about it come inspection time, I'm pretty sure Ohio has inspections right?

I just had the Magnaflow spun cats installed on my truck...$83 each through summit racing. Don't know if they work any better but it did make the truck alot louder. I'd just have some high flows installed if I were you, IMO.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-59956/