Would You Tow To Denver?

ezclone

Is my set-up "safe" to tow my Syclone to Sy/Ty Nationals in Denver, CO from Fresno, CA?

I know it is nothing crazy, but I just want to check....?

Set-up:

K&N, GMPP Exhaust, 160 stat, Zippy tune, Zippy Stealth Shift kit, Vette servo, Tru-cool 40K trans cooler, Trailblazer converter and putting on 305/50R20.

Edited by ezclone (see edit history)

I don't see why not, the only "issue" would be the converter but you have a larger cooler so should have no worries about tranny temps with that. I've towed a large loaded car trailer with my 98' Z71 from Florida to California, and no issues so I highly doubt your SS will give you any troubles.

imo you will be ok , that load should be right around 5k and that converter was rater to tow like 5k behind a tb weighing a bit less. with the added tq i think youll be ok. not sure on how your tune is setup with the verter locking with towhaul though , might want to see if it locks , that will keep the heat down. other wise i wouldnt think twice as long as your trailer is setup ok .

imo you will be ok , that load should be right around 5k and that converter was rater to tow like 5k behind a tb weighing a bit less. with the added tq i think youll be ok. not sure on how your tune is setup with the verter locking with towhaul though , might want to see if it locks , that will keep the heat down. other wise i wouldnt think twice as long as your trailer is setup ok .

What he said- I had to make a few tweaks to keep my converter locked (without constant pedal modulation) when towing. I can set it on 75 with the car behind it and stay in lockup on all but the steeper grades.