Pioneer Avh P4100

Arts05SS

Hello There,

I want to purchase a stereo and install it myself and the P4100 caught my eye, ive seen a couple of posts of what other people have, but what i need to know other than buying the stereo what other things do I need? I got stock bose system with 2 subs in da back, and Ive seen a bypass that needs to be installed to watch dvd's while driving? Sorry if you guys heard this a million times but i need to be sure what i need and where to get it before i order all the stuff lol

Well The Guy At A Radio Shop Said 300 Bucks For Everything (Radio, Steering Wheel COntrols, Etc..) But I Wanted To Do It Myself, But I Didnt Realize The P4100 Is 2 Or 3 YEars Old. ALso I Wanted To DO It Myself INstead Of Taking It To The Shop

Go with the AVH-P4200DVD, its a nice unit. Happy with it.

Other than the stereo, what else did you need to buy? Did It come with a harness? did you have to buy another other adapters to make it work with your chevy?

I have the 4100 and its an awesome radio but it is 2 years old and one thing I wish it had was navigation. If I were you id go with the AVH4200 like stated above because its the new model of the 4100 but im pretty sure it has the option for the navigation. Youll need the PAC module to bypass the bose which plugs in behind the dash. Then if you want the steering wheel controls youll need the SWI module. Any audio installer will know everything you need.