Intercooler Set-Ups

Cramer

Hey guys I am looking for different intercooler (A2A) set ups on the SS or trucks with the SS bumper.

This can be for Turbo or Supercharged set-ups.

If you can, list the size of piping, intercooler, and IAT temps with the set-up.

Thanks

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Hey guys I am looking for different intercooler (A2A) set ups on the SS or trucks with the SS bumper.

This can be for Turbo or Supercharged set-ups.

If you can, list the size of piping, intercooler, and IAT temps with the set-up.

Thanks

I have a 31x12x3 in my front bumper. I have tried diffrent size piping and now I am running 2.5" charge pipes from the turbo to the i/c and 3" from the i/c to the throttle body. I haven't had this setup in the summer yet so I coulndn't tell you what the iat's are yet. With the old setup, same i/c. I had an sts with a smaller turbo and my iat's never went over 30 degrees above ambient

I will have to dig up some pictures. See what I can find...might have to pull the bumper off and take a few pictures for ya if needed.

30a3uxt.jpg

Yes, I know. The tranny lines look like CRAP. This was addressed at a later time.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Thanks.

So you have it mounted low behind the bumper then right?

If so, did you have to modify the frame rails for that intercooler to fit?

Also does it stick out from under the bumper?

I am gonna have to get with you on your set-up. I like it. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

So you have it mounted low behind the bumper then right?

If so, did you have to modify the frame rails for that intercooler to fit?

Also does it stick out from under the bumper?

I am gonna have to get with you on your set-up. I like it. :thumbsup:

Yes, it is mounted behind my bumper. This picture I posted above is of the frame rail that I had to cut and notch out. That was what I was trying to show you in the picture. My i/c does stick down below the bumper, but only the bracket that I made is what you can see. I had to really reinforce the i/c at the bottom because we have rough roads and we tend to get ALOT of snow and you have to plow through it. I didn't want to risk my i/c moving around. I would be happy to talk to you about my setup or help with setting your up. Just send me a note or just call me. PLEASE just remember I am in Alaska. We are WAY behind everyone else in the time zones...lol nothing worse than a 4 or 5 am wake up call.

Justin 907-322-6348

Thanks Justin. I will be gettin with you some night. My night your day that is.

What muffler are you running off your dp? Or are you not running one?

Anyone else want to share their set ups?

Thanks Justin. I will be gettin with you some night. My night your day that is.

What muffler are you running off your dp? Or are you not running one?

Anyone else want to share their set ups?

I know I am going to get some heck for this....but I am running a 4" x 20inch long diesel muffler on my exhaust. I had a left over muffler from one of my diesels that I had put the exhaust on, and I never put any of the mufflers on them. lol

I think I am going to have to find some kind of a resignator(sp?) I have some horrible drone in my cab. The exhaust sounds Awsome, and not to loud outside either. That's the only reason I haven't changed it yet! :yellow_loser:

I hear of alot of guys running those mufflers. How far back is yours mounted?

I think I'm going to run a Bullet style into the stock SS tip before the rear wheel, and have a cutout dumped after the cab.