Ls Car Intake Manifold

silverado777

I have never used it, but it looks like it would work. I don't know how long the pulley would last due to the angle the belt puts tension on it. It should help with belt slippage on the alt because it will have more belt surface covering it.

I found a FAST intake that was the car style for a good price, but I didn't want to switch over to car accessories. Now I wish I would have got it, and put something like this on. How many are they sellin like this? If you can get more than one pick up a few. I will get one from you. Just in case I need it someday.

That looks pretty goddamned handy. But you have to read the fine print, it also requires that you swap water pumps too. But even with all that, you can 'rectify' the accessory drive problem for under $200 when swapping to a car-style manifold, rather than have to source all new accessories. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

That looks pretty goddamned handy. But you have to read the fine print, it also requires that you swap water pumps too. But even with all that, you can 'rectify' the accessory drive problem for under $200 when swapping to a car-style manifold, rather than have to source all new accessories. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Yea I noticed that as well. Good catch.

krambo used one on his build , his is much nicer being all billet but cost alot more . this seems like a decent deal if you cant make one yourself.

the one thing i dont like is if the tensioner gets loaded the belt could come in contact with the belt on the water pump. not sure but seems like it could happen.

the car manifolds are great for rpms but runner legnth makes torque in the lower rpms and with a heavy truck that is a good thing.

with all the options for maifolds now something to work with the trucks and make power without interfering with the acessory drive , imo.

krambo used one on his build , his is much nicer being all billet but cost alot more . this seems like a decent deal if you cant make one yourself.

Yea I agree but for $35 this is a good option. I paid $90 for mine to be machined:

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

the one thing I dont like is if the tensioner gets loaded the belt could come in contact with the belt on the water pump. not sure but seems like it could happen.

It sure can. You really need to measure and give yourself enough clearance. Mine looked as if it would hit so I went with a pulley swap as well (C5 idler pulley) which is a slightly smaller diameter pulley hence an increased clearance on the WP and also the water neck. Here is clearance for the C5 pulley, haven't had any issues to date (wrench placed underneath belt to show how close it is).

IMG_1512.jpg

the car manifolds are great for rpms but runner legnth makes torque in the lower rpms and with a heavy truck that is a good thing.

with all the options for maifolds now something to work with the trucks and make power without interfering with the acessory drive , imo.

Yea, back only a few years ago the choices were slim. Now we have options! :dbanana: